No announcement yet.
X

what have you hit on road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A concrete median in a parking lot due to a dumbarse cager pulling out in front of me. Was going very slow so not too much damage to me... broke the windshield on the bike and the visor of my helmet... thank god for the helmet or I'd be toofless right now.

Leaves... d@mn leaves... in a turn caused a low side. Broke the left side under faring and I had a sore knee for a few days.

Locked up the rear brake and slid off the road caused a high side... that one hurt for a while. Warped front wheel, bent inner fork tube, left, and bent axle. Oh yeah, messed up the left side fairing pretty good.

And then there are the various bugs and other road grit/grime.

I have now taken my first bug to the eyeball... Did it on Sunday and it still kinda hurts on Wednesday. Same day took a large bug under the same eye, that one stung for a few minutes.
    Last edited by jedney; 04-15-2009, 01:09 PM.
    Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

haven't been riding long but yesterday there was this idiot in a f150 with two maybe three sheets of aspenite in the bed, not strapped down with tailgate down,

long story short i ended up shifting down and switching lanes BARELY missing the second piece that came out ON ROUTE 50!! i was mad, but owell nothing bad happened to me

that was my contribution/vent lol
      2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

1. the usual: gravel, sand, leaves, twigs/branches, potholes, steel grates

2. i was riding mulholland highway at night and all of a sudden i see two raccoons crossing the road right in front of me(****!), so i tried to brake as much as i could before I got to them and thankfully it worked because instead of going right over theis big *** coon's mid section, I smacked him accross the tail or ***.

3. mulholland highway again. this time during the day, a squirrel I thought was going the other way across the road darted back infront of me and made my front tire jump about 3 inches. scarier than the raccoon during the hit but not before it lol.

oh and of course several close calls where i have lifted my rear end up from braking so hard(and on a scooter no less where all the weight is on the rear with only one tiny disc brake up front)

Comment

The rabbit I had to kick out of my path was quite an experience, but I just remembered a worse one. I was zipping down I-20 between Odessa and Midland Tx., and something I never saw lightly smacked my helmet above the visor...and I could no longer breathe and began to choke and gag. I had to stop on the side of the road and pull off my helmet and sit down to catch a breath of fresh air.

I don't know the particulars of what happened, but someone or something had flung about a teaspoon full of (I'm thinking human/no, it was) shee-uht and hit me right in the open vent atop my helmet. Again, the specific source was a mystery, though the original random source was quite clear. I had to clean it out with a stick and get on to my gig. Once there, I scrubbed it with a liquid detergent and rinsed it. This really happened.

Originally posted by rydethis View Post
          IT!!
          Now that's funny!!!!! Funny, Ryde!!!!!!
          Last edited by zuma; 04-03-2009, 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I hit a car

I hit an XD falcon sedan, tore the bumper off with my leg. Idiot turned into a service station driveway across the front of me as i accelerated from the lights and left me the head on with oncoming traffic or the rear quarter panel of his car decision, so i picked the rear. Hit it, rolled over the boot and onto the road right in the middle, curled up listening to the howl of locked tyres on the road, waiting for a thump, but never came. Never broke anything, had my left knee strapped for a month or so. Bike was a write off. Was about 15 years ago.

Comment

In my car, probably a deer or some animal. A cat once - semi on purpose, it was the worst cat ever! Yeah, I said it. Lol.

On my bike... a dead skunk, slippery stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Enjay386 View Post
                A cat once - semi on purpose, it was the worst cat ever!
                the trick is to marinade longer
                Last edited by the wind; 06-06-2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Lets see here.

a few turtles of diffrent sizes.
                  one 2 X4
                  and a freaking racoon that did some plastic damage.

Other than that ive been doing pretty good.
                  Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
                  6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
                  5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
                    the trick is to marinade longer

Everybody relies on marinades. Bah. You gotta remember--baste and only turn ONCE.
                    High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

The Pavement!
                      Joker
                      The newest addition to the Family!
                      sigpic
                      stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Turtles? sounds like you are riding in some wild places lol

I hit a baby rabbit once, came out in the middle of a corner and there was no time for me to react, all I could do was look back and hope he got up. Poor little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon2288 View Post
                          Turtles? sounds like you are riding in some wild places lol
                          Ain't gotta be THAT wild to see turtles . I see 'em sometimes .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

So there I was, learning how to ride my new 2003 Kat.....for the first time. My buddy who was assisting in the new found riding experience deciding I was ok enough to take it around the neighborhood by myself. Now, I new how to accelerate, and brake. Thats it. Noone told me I would have to make some turns. Anyway, I was about to attempt a very slow U-turn to come back to the house. Why a U-turn you might ask. Well didnt have a class M on my licenses and a busy road was coming soon, didnt want to get into an accident or get pulled over. So I was attempting this slow pathetic looking U with my legs shot out to what i can only describe the most embarrassing looking thing on a bike. I have a little to much gas half through and totally forgot about a brake and clutch. This accelerated me onto the edge of a driveway where the road meets the driveway creating a ramp. This ramp lauched me straight into a mailbox. The flag stuck into my shoulder like an arrow, and the mailbox was gone. As was one of my headlights.

Comment

thats not good. i almost hit a cow i started down this backroad no lane markings just chillin in 2nd i startled a cow and it ran into the road i dodged ramped the drainage ditch killing a lawn gnome and sliding into a concrete bird feeder (on zx7 not a dirt bike)
                              shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

I have hit about 120 on the road.
                                'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                                ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                                ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X