No announcement yet.
X

what have you hit on road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I ran over a bird one time. I swear it flew up into the lower fairing. I even heard something hit, but I never found anything.
    Pray Ride Live Love

1994 GSX600F

Comment

I ran over the sliding bike of a DumBass Squid Stunter wannabe... He felt like he had to show me and my Kat up by doing a wheelie next to me on a highway... then a stoppie which he took over the top... right in front of me maybe 10 feet, at about 45 MPH... sheeees. So I gunned it right up and over his sliding piece of ... cause I couldn't do anything else.

Have I said how much I HATE STUNTING SQUIDS!!! I guess I just did...
      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I can't say that I initiated the encounter, but I had a robin smack me upside the head while I was riding and it, somehow, got stuck in between my helmet and visor (which was up). It was flapping around for a couple of seconds before it shook itself lose and flew away.
        "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

Before I realized the virtues of wearing proper gear, I was wearing those sandals with heavy soles and toe caps. It was late at night and a large jack rabbit was eyeballing me from the side of the road just within the halo of my lights. I was doing 85 mph. I knew he was going to "kamikaze" me, and when he did, I timed the point of unavoidable impact and kicked him with the heel of my sandal and sent him flying. Otherwise, he would have probably flipped me. The dead dog post cracked me up!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post
            A canadian goose, multiple times
            the same goose???

Ive hit a couple of bugs..... thats about it. im pretty good at avoiding things in the road.
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
              A 4x4 (wood, not the 4x4 truck type) that some little ghetto kids tossed out in the road in front of me.
              Bugger me. Did you find and strangle the little bastages? That kinda crap almost counts as "attempted murder".

I've been lucky: the only thing I've hit on the road was a kangaroo (at low speed). The random little bastage jumped back AT me as I idled slowly around him at maybe 5 mph. Didn't knock me over or do any discernable damage to my bike, but I felt him hit my leg so I know we made contact.

Had a chance to hit another on the way home from an all-day ride on Friday, but I gave this one lots of room (have I mentioned how much I LOVE the big hi-beam lights on the Kat yet? I saw him with plenty of time to stop from 70mph). He just stood there blinking back at me...and really didn't like my new Compact Nautilus horn . My wife threatened to call the SPCA on me...
              Last edited by Absyn-thesis; 03-29-2009, 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                Yeah , I've hit a few things .....
                Ok , I'll elaborate some . What I can remember , anyway ....
                Aside from bugs , I've hit a concrete divider . That's when I started learning about "gear" , and got me some .
                Gallon of fresh paint poured in the road resulting in a highside . Cops agreed it looked like a deliberate trap .
                Deer
                Car
                THen there's the MULTITUDE of bugs , dirt , and rocks .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've hit 200Km/h Does that count for anything?

Things I have missed while riding... my wife's curfew

Almost ate some bumper on my DR350 when doing a shoulder check while merging onto the Knight street bridge, almost had to change my pants after!

J

Comment

Originally posted by jetmerritt View Post
                    I've hit 200Km/h Does that count for anything?

Things I have missed while riding... my wife's curfew

Almost ate some bumper on my DR350 when doing a shoulder check while merging onto the Knight street bridge, almost had to change my pants after!

J
                    LOL
                    My wife doesnt care if I go out on Sunday with the boys
                    She gets a little bent out of shape if we go out saturday since I will also sometimes go sunday
                    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                      the same goose???
                      Yea, it was the same one, over and over again. Occasionally it would be a different one, but this one in particular seemed to enjoy getting hit
                      Last edited by Silence; 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM.

Comment

So far this year-

-most of a flattened, wet, hair mass that was, I believe, previously a cat
                        -a cardboard box
                        -part of a truck tire tread
                        -a softball sized chunk of unearthed asphalt (yay plow-trucks)

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

A bee, right near the crotch area.... sumonabeech that hurt...

For some reason I have encountered quite a few bees around my bike... I have no clue why they like the R1 so much... maybe it's the paint job...

And one freshly killed skunk... My bike stank for a week afterwards...

oh and a Cadillac Escalade...
                          the Escalade won...
                          Attached Files

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Actually clipped an owl last night, stupid thing swooped out of a tree, hit the screen then bounced off my visor, was only doin 60km/h but scared the crap outta me..
                            Apart from that i've hit a few cicadas, They make a mess of the leathers...
                            Black 1995 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by SouthyD View Post
                              Actually clipped an owl last night, stupid thing swooped out of a tree, hit the screen then bounced off my visor, was only doin 60km/h but scared the crap outta me..
                              Apart from that i've hit a few cicadas, They make a mess of the leathers...
                              Shhhhh- PETA almost certainly trolls these boards.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                              -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Countless cracks and potholes;

Few large bugs off the visor or sunglases;

Worse was bird poo. Visor was open just enough for a sloppy wet one to hit me in the face (cheek) as I merged onto a highway. Wasn't too far from home and had nothing to wipe it so continued on. Managed to wipe some off with my glove but some ran down my face and neck. Had an earthy smell. Thankfully it wasn't a hole-in-one. :-p
                                2004 GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                                X