No announcement yet.
X

what have you hit on road

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A metal trash can rolled out in front of me on a buddys bike last week, didnt hurt the bike but i dont think they will be able to put trash in it any more, hard to believe i didnt wreck and ya wouldnt believe the sound it made, scary stuff.

Comment

• I haven't hit many things really, although I did have this one bad day...

On my way to work one morning I was truckin along in the right lane on I-40 doing about 75, with a pickup to my left. In front of the pickup was a semi, and we were both coming up on him. I decided not to pass these guys on the right (because it's always a terrible idea), so I let out of the throttle to fall in behind the pickup. As I'm checking my blindspot I hear a loud *BANG!* - thought the semi had a blowout. It wasn't a blowout though, he had hit a 12' 2x4! The 2x4 shot up from the trailer tires and the pickup blasted it into about three big pieces and a rain of splinters. Naturally, most of it came right at me! I tucked down behind the tank and windshield, taking one of the large pieces off the side of my helmet. Thank God I had my full boots on because another piece got me right in the ankle HARD. Scary to think what may have happened had I not ducked behind the tank!

On the way HOME that SAME DAY, I was still a little shaken up from the morning's event. I decided to take the safer alternative and cruise home on the road that parallel's I-40. A little wind had picked up that day but it was otherwise a great day to ride. I was cruising along about 55mph, no one else on the road. All of a sudden this gigantic sheet of syrofoam (maybe 8x8?) materialized out of the weeds to my right, lifted up by the wind and carried right out in front of me where it stood up broadside. At the time I wasn't sure if it was drywall, foam, plastic... but I had no time to do anything but cringe and take it right square in the face. Thankfully it was foam, but it was still pretty stout and thick. Almost took me off the bike, exploded into what must have been a billion little particles. The guy behind me must have thought it was neat, he gave me a hearty thumbs-up as he passed.
      Originally posted by katanawarrior
      I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

• well here is my story... Couple years ago, when i was still living in Montana, and about a month after buying my 2000 Kat 600 I was cruising along at about 75-80 @ 11 pm. Came around a bend on I-90 and saw a flash of (i think) yellow lab. Barely had time to swerve to miss, when a flash of (again, i think) black lab... about the time i nailed him. Crazy dogs were jogging across the interstate nose to tail. Managed to keep the bike up, but bent the forks pretty bad, left a few scratches in the plastic, and felt like it about tore my foot off. The black wasn't so lucky... Still not really sure how I managed to keep it rubber side down.

Comment

Working...
        X