X

Basic traning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md86 View Post
    But MANY don't even bother taking the road test for that little "M" , and just renew their permits every year .
    Guilty.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      Guilty.
      Same here.
      Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
      Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Yea, missing one zero... (edit: no I did not)

Edit : Funny our way of measuring blood alcohol level is 0.2‰ - I think this is due to the different ways of measuring - In US you measure ‰ of volume, we measure ‰ of mass
        NO 0.2‰ ~ US 0.02‰ BAC
        Last edited by SchOX; 03-24-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
          Guilty.
          And the road test is REALLY easy , too . THAT'S the funny part .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
            You guys talking about how easy it is in YOUR states .Here's what I did to get MINE .....
            SHow up , 20 question test (which I ACED for both car AND bike) , get your picture taken . Now you're legal . The actual road/skills test is ALMOST as easy . I passed my car one after "learning" for a week driving back & forth to work with my stepdad . 1st try . Cake . Bike test was much the same . But MANY don't even bother taking the road test for that little "M" , and just renew their permits every year . So basically , take a 20 question test , and you can ride/drive anything you want .

Mine is a record or something.

Left desk at 2:30, got on the shuttle to the parking lot. Get to van and start er up. It had to warm up so sit around for that. Leave parking lot and drive to local DMV. Get inside, take 20Q written test. Get permit print out and picture taken. Leave DMV. Get in van and start and warm up again. Get home. Now its only 2:54 when I get home.

After taking my MSF i walked in, showed my certificate of completion and 5 minutes later I had my endorsement.

Comment

for me once I actually decided to go ahead and get my endorsement it was quick and easy. I rode for 22 years without a permit or endorsement, then got my permit in the middle of last summer, then waited until fire season was over so I had time to schedule the riding skills test, and passed with no points deducted.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X