X

Char's offical ride on the street...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Char's offical ride on the street...

Well I did it. I took my Kat onto the street. I decided at 11pm to take it to the gas station and feed her. Let me just say, my heart was pounding in my chest SO HARD!!!!!! But when I got to the straight a-way, I shifted it into thrid gear and got up to 40 miles an hour, the feeling I got was NOTHING I've EVER felt before. Now, it may not be a big deal to you guys, but it was definitely a big deal to me. There is so many things I have to learn and practice. Like remembering to use both the back and front brake. I have a habit of just using the front brake. And getting more confident. So much to learn and practice. I'm DEFINITELY not ready traffic.

After I got home, my heart was still racing and I was soooo PUMPED up! I just wanted to get back on and ride somemore. It was just an awsome feeling. And even when my mom started in on me about the whole "riding a motorcycle: speech... Even THAT didn't bring me down!!!!

I know I may sound like a tard, but with it being my first time out on the road and having such a pumped feeling, it will be something I never forget about my first REAL ride.
    KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Everything you described is exactly how i felt, too. I also went on the road last night for the first time and had some major addrenaline pumping! I did stall trying to get off one light, but luckily there was noone behind me and i fired her up and shot off.

The ride was successful, but i too do not think i am ready for the road. It was kind of stupid for me to be out there, but i'm glad i found out without incident.

Now i know some of the finer skills i need to work on next time out in the parking lot.

Happy riding!

Comment

Cool Char! You'll be scraping a knee before you know it.
      I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

I have many years of ride time in and I still get pumped when I take the Kat out. Great job Char. Be careful out there and keep an eye out for the idiots.

Comment

Sweet Char!!

Sounds like a 2-Wheel junkie in the making. It only gets better.
          1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
          2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
          Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

woohoo! looks like the baby steps are really working. good job char.
            Hello World.

Comment

been there done that... actaulyl the gap will be my 1 year anniversary of having the Kat and riding..
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Congrats! You could always make slow speed laps around the neighborhood. Good practice for slow speed control and braking.

Comment

Good girl,you be ready for traffic in no time I have been riding for almost 20 years,and i still get pumped up after a good run of twistys,even daily riding still gives me a buzz.No better feeling in the world,well almost,if you get my drift.
                  Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

that feeling never goes away its called FREEEEEDOM. awwwwwwww
                    Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Reminds me of a girl that was in my motorcycle license class. She got so hyped after we went for our (i think it was) the second ride on the school bikes, that she was shaking for like 30 mins
                      (note this wasn't the scared out-of-your-wits, shaking like a leaf thing, more like a ruler snapped over the side of a desk, vibrating- itching to ride again restlessness heh)

Now she's also a member of my MC club and afaik, it still gets her hyped whenever we go for a ride together (and quite frankly she's getting pretty good too)

Must be great to get that kind of a rush every time you ride.

But yeah, riding NEVER gets old no matter how much experience you have, if in doubt just ask any of the 70 y o+ men on their triumphs/bsa/matchless around here
                      -= Har du styr på lortet, eller lort på styret? =-

Comment

Better get practicing, The rally is only 13 days away!!!
                        Just ride safe!!!!!
                        Happy Riding!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Wow, you're going to the rally huh Char? I can't think of many people who can say they learned to ride on the Dragon's Tail.

Comment

Congrats girl, now the next step is riding it to the bowling alley!!

Comment

JP darling...There will be NO Dragon for me when I go to the Gap... While the MORE experienced ladies and gents do their thin, I'll be site seeing or hiking for the day.

ANd Thanks Matt...I want to ride it up to the bowling alley SO bad...But I have to go through some twisties...And to tell you the truth...That scares me to death.
                              KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X