X

worst days to ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst days to ride

So last night I decided I was going to go to work instead of sleep, so that I could spend Valentine's day with my wife. It started snowing at about 10p.m. and was really coming down. So i thought to myself that sucks I can't ride tomorrow. Well to my amazement after i woke up this morning, all the snow was gone. So I decided to go get a haircut, and since the place I go to is about a football field away, I could either walk and freeze my *** off or ride and kind of freeze my *** off. So we all know what any normal katrider would do. Well in the 2 blocks that rode to the store and back, I had 4 people tail gate me 3 cut me off and one get ****ed that i took up a parking space with my bike. Even though he was going the wrong way down the parking lanes. It has come to my attention that during holidays everyone is in such a damn hurry that it is probably the worst time to even think about jumping on a motorcycle. The worst part is, since I am driving safely and about 2 mph above the speed limit i'm the jackass.
    1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
    1993 katana 600 sold
    Bandit 1250 2007

That sucks man. I'm sorry to hear it. If it makes you feel any better, I was riding today when some dude was coming out of a space along side the road. I was coming up on him and he just started pulling out oblivious to the world around him. I slammed the breaks and locked the back wheel up and felt it skid behind me...

Cagers just don't get it.
    Nuff said.

Comment

The worst one I have seen yet happened last week. Mdoe8 and I went for a cruise, on the way home I was following behind him, using the cool 2 second rule. A woman waiting to turn left towards us, waited while we approached her. I just had that feeling so i let off the throttle. After Mike passed he she darted out in front of me. How do you see the black bike and not the bright fricken blue one. I wasn't more than 10 feet behind him. We were staggered and coming around a bend in the road. I now know that I can quick stop for sure. I of course did the what the hell are you doing motion just to get the bird. Maybe there should be a law change that everyone needs to learn to ride a motorcycle before you can get any drivers license. I was taught the respect of a motorcycle when I was 5.
      1992 katana 600 sold to Luke
      1993 katana 600 sold
      Bandit 1250 2007

Comment

Day after thanksgiving.

Holy crap.

Motorcyclists should HIDE that day.

Comment

The guy in the bike is allways wrong, you should know that by now...
          Too old to dream, too young to reason...
          I am fond of my rough edges.
          sigpic

Comment

That's why the guy on the bike should carry a paintball gun and tag cars who attempt to murder them. Then we all know who to look out for

Comment

People suck . And they're stupid . You guys won't mind if I take out a few , would you ?> BTW , I LOVE CPT MORGAN'S 100proof ! :
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yea i like how its always when the other person is in the wrong but its you who gets the bird and mean face.
                'Not accidents! Crashes. Almost every crash can be prevented by avoiding distractions while driving.'

Comment

Originally posted by plyhockey3 View Post
                  Maybe there should be a law change that everyone needs to learn to ride a motorcycle before you can get any drivers license.
                  I 100% agree with that. Show every driver-wannabe the basics of riding. Go with them for a couple of hours ride just so they get an idea of all the frickin things we have to watch for. And THEN give them their driver's license.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                    People suck . And they're stupid . You guys won't mind if I take out a few , would you ?> BTW , I LOVE CPT MORGAN'S 100proof ! :
                    5:24 AM.

Geez. I was sitting up cracked out on coffee writing a paper man GO to BED!!

Comment

In SoCal, if you don't use a bike on holidays, you can't get anywhere without being an ******* driver because you will literally sit there while everyone and their mother merges into your lane.

It was worse than xmas eve at my school last monday. i **** you not. it took me an hour to go 2 blocks.

Comment

I looked over this thread and just couldnt figure out why it interested me so much. Then I really got to thinking the point over in my head. I have something funny to post, and it's not stereotyping or broadly based, its the absolute truth about my area.

The worst days to ride here are the last week and first week of the month. Reason being, is that a majority of people that live around here are on SSI or SSA checks. Either retired, on welfare, or both. The idea is, most people do little traveling during the 2 middle weeks of any month. The last week and first week of any given month are "check" weeks. People will go out, stock up on food, cigerettes, ammo, beer what have you. This in turn, means you have 500+ backwoods bumbling idiots, senior citizens, and distracted government endorsed mothers driving around in a hurry to unload a pocket full of money. Traffic easily DOUBLES around this time, along with any amount of driving ability getting cut in half. I can recound during these specific time frames i've almost been cut-off, ran over, merged on, brake checked, tailgated etc, its a freaking nightmare.
                        Currently Riding:
                        1995 Katana 600
                        V&H Exhaust
                        Jet Kit

SOLD
                        2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                        1987 XV700 Bobber
                        REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                          Day after thanksgiving.

Also, in SoCal any 3 day weekend and most Sunday afternoons, everyone seems to be coming home from somewhere....

Comment

Originally posted by katana_ron View Post

Also, in SoCal any 3 day weekend and most Sunday afternoons, everyone seems to be coming home from somewhere....
                            depends on what roads you take.

we have tons of backroads but everyone uses the main ones and clogs them up. so i use backroads and side streets.

Comment

its only wednesday. I've already been brake checked twice, nearly rearended some ****tard who brake checked me when i wasnt paying full atention, had an elderly man try to come over on me on the highway twice, at 10:30 no less! Nearly put the bike down, been stuck in traffic so thick it took me nearly an hour to travel a mile, and get pulled over because i was taking out my frusterations on an empty straight stretch. so instead of spending my money on something useful, i get to pay the friggin government. Woohoo! worst place to ride around here is anywhere on the east side of the city. rich stuck up women in big suvs who think they rule the road.
                              so yeah.

Originally posted by ADyingBreed View Post
                              depends on what roads you take.

we have tons of backroads but everyone uses the main ones and clogs them up. so i use backroads and side streets.
                              The back roads here are usually clear, but are so uneven it is almost worth it to stick to the main roads despite the heavy traffic. i'd almost rather be runover and killed than take a hell of a spill and be severly injured because of the pothole i didnt see that was 8" deep and not be found for god knows when. but thats just me. maybe i just need to pay a little more atention to the road? but one can only do so much and still enjoy the ride.
                              Last edited by ModernJoker; 02-18-2009, 03:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                              ~Fly On Bird Your Free At Last~

Comment

Working...
                              X