X

Vehicle/Bike Accident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle/Bike Accident

The Swedish Police had this vehicle/bike "cleaned out" on completion of their investigations and put it back together to show what can happen in a motorcycle accident.

The Honda rider was traveling at such "very high speed", his reaction time
    was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of 250 KM/h before the bike hit the slow moving car side on at an intersection.

At that speed, they predicted that the riders reaction time once the vehicle came into view wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes.

The car had two passengers and the bike and rider were found INSIDE the car.

The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly.

This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair
    by the Swedish Police and Road safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

Ride safe & within your limits. Don't need to see any more stuff like this
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Squidly acts can get innocent people killed. Stuff like that pi$$es me off. A very eye opening topic and I hope that some of these newbies will get something out of this.

Comment

Sucks that one idiot can end two other peoples lives......
      2002 R1
      Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

This one just happened in my area:

Comment

Oh, and the follow-up:

Comment

Originally posted by midqetsex
            This one just happened in my area:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05173/526304.stm
            I hope the girls are ok. I could care less about the jacka$$ on the bike.

Comment

Those are strong images, what was the last thing that went through that guy's mind?
              Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place. All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly.

Totall sensless loss of life..

Comment

Idiots! Don't we have enough get-offs as it is without having Darwin get involved? It's one thing to splay yourself across a road but why take three innocent people with you!

And I love the guy's friend from the sound of it...... four people seriously hurt and injured and the first thing he does is goes over to pick the bike up. Priceless!
                  sigpic

Comment

all i can say is WOW

Comment

I am at a loss for words!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I don't recognize that model of bike, what is it? It looks pretty, errr..... looks like it used to be pretty. Perhaps I'll be flamed for this, but has anyone thought maybe there should be graduated licensing before you're allowed to ride a supersport-level machine? Just a thought.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Thats what I hate about this sport/hobby. So many stupid people add on to the death rate of motorcyles.

Everytime I hear about a crash it seems as though The person had no idea how to ride, were riding not within their means. Or either drugs or drinking were to blame.
                          I focus on the pain, The only thing thats real.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                            I Perhaps I'll be flamed for this, but has anyone thought maybe there should be graduated licensing before you're allowed to ride a supersport-level machine? Just a thought.
                            I agree with you.....It is scary to think right now, any person who just gets their riding permit can go out and ride the biggest and fastest machine on the market....

I would think that for safety reasons, laws should be written to start at a low CC displacement bike and progressively go up in size as the years of riding increase...
                            My suggestion would be to start with a permit allowing for daytime riding only and limited to a 250cc bike. Upon graduation to a motorcycle license be able to go to a 400cc bike, then after 18 months after receiving your license be able to go to a 600cc, 18 months after that be able to ride up to a 750cc bike, gradually increasing the cc of bike to years of experience....

I know that there are many people who are out there that can buy a big powerfull bike with little experience and still be able to handle the bike and act responsible but there are also many out there that dont and do cause very serious and traggic moments that make us all look for answers.....

Comment

I don;t agree necessarily witht eh above.. i think you should be forced to take a motorcycle test given by the state MSF does not waive that. I think the MSF should get you your permit. Whatever size bike you take your riding test with is the size you can ride. That is the way licensing used to be. I would not want to start out with a 250 or 400 cc bike.. but also i do not think that with a new license i am ready for a 600+ or more Race Rep. Let the flaming begin.
                              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Working...
                              X