X

Vehicle/Bike Accident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
    I don't recognize that model of bike, what is it? It looks pretty, errr..... looks like it used to be pretty.
    Honda Interceptor Ninety something (seven I think)
    D&K

Comment

This is what jail cells are for.

Comment

I supported tiered licensing for eons. Bump the minimum age down to start (age 14 -- you can have up to a 125cc), and make basically three brackets:
        50 HP and under, 90 HP and under, and unlimited, with a year's time between them and driving-skills retests in each category.

Shortly after I got my first MC license in the USA (back when they were still giving them away simply for the asking), the state of Florida instituted a partial two-tier test system. If you tested on a 500cc or below for the driving test, you were capped off at that; to go higher, you had to test on a larger than 500cc bike. Restricted licenses (learner's permits in today's vernacular) were available at 15 and you could ride anything up to 500cc (no passengers), with the over 500cc test not available until a full year after the full 500cc license (not the permit). Once you reached 18, you go could straight for whatever you wanted provided you could pass the appropriate tests (which at the time included backing the bike down a 25 degree ramp 10 feet or so -- in a state that's flat as a pancake!).

Meanwhile, the Europeans are starting to go nuts on the tiered licensing system, with the newest EU regulations to roll through the UK in the near future making the path from starting to unlimited a real PIA and taking you to at least age 23 or 24 before you can possibly qualify unlimited because of the time requirements for the previous tiers. I think that is going overboard, and my biggest concern about going to a tiered licensing system is just that -- too much bureaucracy and meddling in the future after tier licensing starts ending up reducing total rider populations altogether.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah i follow on the reasoning behind the tiered license process, sort of what we have for automobiles here in wv. thing is no matter what provisions are made, there are still stupid people doing stupid things. Yeah it provides better experience, but not always better judgement. People drink and drive and have driven big horse power cars before and then hop in a yugo and kill someone or their self.

But then again, a big bike people will just naturally go faster. i guess.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tito750
            what was the last thing that went through that guy's mind?
            The roof of the car.

Comment

Some of the things people do just really makes you shake your head in disgust
              Two friends saw a late 20 something girl pull in front of a guy on a sportbike (he was going 45mph, and had the right of way), he hit the side of her engine compartment....broke boths arms and was thrown over her car then being knocked unconcious...
              My friends said she was on the phone before, during and after the accident talking to one of her girlfriends...
              After the accident she got out and ran around to check the damage to her VW Jetta, then ignoring the unconcious rider, gets back in her car...and didn't call 911, just kept talking to her friend.
              My friends got out and directed traffic around the downed rider (he was about 5 inch's from traffic rushing by), called 911, and tried to help him as he started waking up...luckily there is was a fire station about .5 mile away and they were there very quickly.
              They were so pissed off at the apathy of the women, they told the cops everything and gave them their info as witnesses...
              Well watch out as much as you can for the wack jobs out there (seems like the percentage is so very high here in So Calif), and keep the rubber side down...
              Peace out... 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                The roof of the car.
                Smart A$$!!!!!!!
                KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

They have reinactments and pics of things like this at local high school and middle schools around here.. it seemed to really hit home for many of the school kids.. even if it stops 1 person from ever drinking and driving, or doing anything that can cause an accident like this, its worth it. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau
                    The roof of the car.
                    Doh!
                    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Hopefully it will make at least one person think about it and not do it...
                      I would of hated to been the person to have to clean that car out for display purposes...
                      I think I would of lost my lunch on that one

Comment

I have always said that it is pretty scary that I went in and bought a Hayabusa and no one ever asked me if I even had a license, permit or insurance
                        Big Cory
                        SBFMC 707
                        2005 Hayabusa

Comment

i agree with the tiers insurance would be a whole lot better if it wasnt for all these younger kids getting on monster machines as a 1st bike i watched a 18 yr old get a r1 for graduation picked it up from the dealer popped the clutch in the parking lot lost control of it and fell off as it hit the dumpster more money for the insurance company and then that affects my rates and i am 30 yrs old my kat 600 is 74 a month in az and all 1 liter bikes are ridiculous but thats just my 2 cents worth

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                            I don't recognize that model of bike, what is it?
                            I know this question is a number of months old but the bike was a Honda RC45. Honda's V4 750 superbike from the early 90s.

Comment

Working...
                            X