• Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone uses DuPont teflon chain lube?
    sigpic
    2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
      And speaking of slipping, am I the only one who finds the thick, white paint used on the pavement at crosswalks and intersections to be slick as greased owl spit, especially on boot heels? It's a jungle out there!
      OOWW...I hate that stuff.
      sigpic
      Pepe Bouchard

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
        anyone uses DuPont teflon chain lube?
        The all-purpose stuff you get at HD ? Yeah , I've gone through a couple cans of that , and i like it well enough . No strong odor , no fling , chain looks nice & clean .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

This stuff:

Then yes, I use it on the Kat. It seems to do everything well, my only complaint is that it makes it hard to visually tell if there is lube on the chain or not.

(Man I love my belt.)
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
            You SHOULD spray the inner run , so when it flings , it spreads outward . If you spary on the outside , it just flies strgith off . And if you do BOTH , well , you're using way too much and wasting a good bit.

I spray both the inner and outer sides of the chain.

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
            With wax, better to do it after a ride when the chain is hot, rather than before a ride. The wax stays in a liquid form longer to penetrate the chain.
            That's what I do. After I clean the chain, take the bike out for a brief jaunt to dry and heat up the chain prior to applying any chain lube or wax.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
              This stuff:

Then yes, I use it on the Kat. It seems to do everything well, my only complaint is that it makes it hard to visually tell if there is lube on the chain or not.

(Man I love my belt.)

yup yup, that's it!

I used it on my old Kat and worked really nice. I got a free can of "real" motorcycle chain lube from the dealership for doing the 600 miles service there and was just wondering which one should I stick to...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JasonChen View Post
                I got a free can of "real" motorcycle chain lube from the dealership for doing the 600 miles service there and was just wondering which one should I stick to...
                One of those things where YMMV, no seriously, your mileage may vary. For me, I've tried at least a half dozen or so lubes, and I like the Dupont stuff the best, but I think it comes down to what conditions you ride in and how you lube as to what will truly work the best for you. That being said, there are lots of people who really like the Dupont stuff.
                Pics
                Pics
                No pics yet
                Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                  One of those things where YMMV, no seriously, your mileage may vary. For me, I've tried at least a half dozen or so lubes, and I like the Dupont stuff the best, but I think it comes down to what conditions you ride in and how you lube as to what will truly work the best for you. That being said, there are lots of people who really like the Dupont stuff.

thanks! I'm going to stick with the bike lube they put on during the service for now. it's free, might as well use it up.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                    And speaking of slipping, am I the only one who finds the thick, white paint used on the pavement at crosswalks and intersections to be slick as greased owl spit, especially on boot heels? It's a jungle out there!
                    If its fresh yes. But there aren't too many freshly painted white lines near me. most of them are over the hill in malibu(at least where i ride)

I get nervous just riding straight over them, I always get a little traction loss going over them.

I think It has to do with the mixture being meant to be seen after dark(slight reflection)

Comment

Working...
                    X