X

Char and the MSF Course...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Char and the MSF Course...

Okay so...I started my MSF Course on Monday. Mostly filling out some papers and bookwork. TODAY was riding. I rode on a Suzuki GZ 250. And let me tell ya, it was a lot different than riding my Kat. I had a lot of fun, though. I paid attention, in lieu of it being hotter than a mofo and being a little fatigued from not eating.

I love the class. Not particularly the people in it, because there are some potential Squid candidates. But there is A LOT of resouceful infomation and explanations I didn't know before. I really recommend for EVERYONE to take the course.

I test on Friday, so I'll keep you posted.
    KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Sweet and now you can ride that lawn tracker LOL on the street
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Sweet, how much do they charge you guys for the course doen there?
      Kyle

Comment

The course is free. I know there are some courses in the area that you can take, but you'll be paying an arm and leg for. Personally I like my arm and my leg, so I had to go with the free one.

It's 5 hours of classroom/bookwork and 10 hours of riding. The instructor is really nice. He's very patient and answers a lot of my dumb questions. Except for yesterday. He was a little peeved at one of the potential Squid candidates. (And there are a few) He didn't have ANY gear. NO lid, gloves, no long-sleeved shirt/jacket...And NO over the ankle boots. Now Bob told us SPECIFICALLY we had to had have that particular attire. But he thought he could get away with his nice Ralph Lauren polo and nice GAP jeans, gold watch...pulled up in a white Beamer, ya know one of those kids who think he'll pass no matter what. Ah but I'm rambling...Sorry.

All in all, I really like the class and think it's a MUST for everyone.
        KARA

Comment

Way to go Char.
          I am sure you will pass all tests with no problem!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
            Sweet and now you can ride that lawn tracker LOL on the street
            Whats a lawn tracker?

Wow, they've really knocked down the length of the class.. I can remember it being alot longer way back when I took it.

And yeah, nothing wrong w/ Free, especially when its the MSF. Dont worry, they'll have u ready to take your test and pretty soon you'll be out and about w/ confidence !!

Good luck w/ your testing !

Comment

Unfortunately, the squids will all pass. One of the only ways to fail is dropping your bike. We had 11 out of 12 people pass. The last person didn't pass because she just came with her daughters for the class and wouldn't go over 10mph or so (no joke). For the figure 8 on the test, she just did a circle (outside the box) and then went to the swerve...where she didn't swerve or go fast enough to complete the maneuver. She was too afraid to do any of the tests correctly.

Comment

They didn't let the squid in the polo do they class did they?????
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

I PASSED MY WRITTEN TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a 100%!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Yes they did, Lou!!!!! They let him take the class. His shoes... were just below the ankle and Bob said he could technically tell him to go home. But he was having a bad morning and said the hell with it. But he warned that if he didn't have his gear tomorrow...Then he was going home.
                  KARA

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

YEEEPEEEE!! You go sis!!!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

test

Way to Go!!!
                        walk lightly, breathe deeply, harm none

Comment

Whats a lawn tracker?
                          A cross between a Tracker and a lawn mower?!?!?!?!?
                          KARA

Comment

Ditto Sis!!! not powerful enough to plow a field but you can ride it and mow the lawn.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            Who knows what is next?

Comment

Congrats. The class I took was very strict. The only thing they provided was a helmet. If you did not have everything else(boots, gloves, jacket, long sleeves), home you went. The class cost 159.00$. If you were sent home due to no gear, guess what? No refund. Having not ever riden before the class, I dont know how anyone could not take the class. I learned so much I would have never learned on the street. Anyway congrats to you. Get out there and get some practice.

Comment

Working...
                              X