X

Wife and I just passed the MSF BRC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife and I just passed the MSF BRC

My wife was wanting to get a bike, and I'm sure most if not all married guys can back me up when I say that teaching your wife something is the #1 way to get yourself into the dog house. You're either talking over her head, or you're talking down to her, and why should she listen to a guy who isn't even smart enough to put his dirty clothes in the laundry room. LOL!!! Anyway....

So, I take it with her for the moral support and why the heck not. It helps insurance and I could use a little formal training.

What an eye opener!!! Most of us don't do a ton of low speed cornering when we're riding, and that's pretty much 75% of what you do at this class. Even though I've been riding for a while, I was pretty much at the same level as all the newbs out there, and probably at a disadvantage, because I had some bad habbits that needed to be broken.

They had Suzi GZ 250s and GN 125s for the class. I really like that little 250. It was a lot more fun to ride around on that little scoot than I would have guessed and I actually miss it. lol... It looks A LOT more simple and easy to maintain as well.

Anyway, got docked 3 points for putting my foot down once in the figure 8 box, and 5 points for not going fast enough through the decreasing radius 135* corner.

The wife only did 2 points worse than me because she didn't stop in a short enough distance.

I was really proud of her. The most experience she had with a bike up to this point was sitting on her brothers old '77 650 standard, which she promptly killed when she put it into gear and it scared her and she just let go of everything!

It was a lot of riding. I can definitely feel it in my back and groin this morning and I'm still fairly young (28).

I thoroughly enjoyed myself and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone, or to even take it again at some point.

Only down side. I was fumbling with my sunglasses at one point with my helmet in my hand and dropped it like a total noob. Ah well... at least I get a new lid out of the deal, and the MSF people get a helmet for those who don't show up with one.

Congrats !!

Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
      My wife was wanting to get a bike, and I'm sure most if not all married guys can back me up when I say that teaching your wife something is the #1 way to get yourself into the dog house. You're either talking over her head, or you're talking down to her, and why should she listen to a guy who isn't even smart enough to put his dirty clothes in the laundry room. LOL!!! Anyway....
      Guilty as charged .... (read golf lessons)

Congrats ! ... Riding with your spouse is so much fun
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

congrats!!! a couple who rides together, stays together
        My toys

Pre98 Kat fan!

Comment

Originally posted by ATOMonkey View Post
          oddly enough, helping my wife learn to ride a bike was actually a pretty cool experience. Normally just about anything I try to help her learn will end up with me in the doghouse, but for some reason, it worked out well for us

congrats on both of you passing the MSF. Now you better get another bike in the stable, or you may find that she has taken over ownership of your ride.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Congrats! Another plus is that it makes it easier to buy gifts for her: a new lid, or jacket, gloves, etc. Nothing like sharing the enjoyment of riding with your spouse!
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Ha im giving my wife my old suzuki gz250 well that is after i fix the motor go figure they arent meant for high speeds. I only hope that i can feed off of you guys to help me teach her to ride this little bike. thanks you posts gave me encourgament to do so.
              Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

Thank you everyone. She totally has the bug now. Yesterday she wanted to go out and buy a bike as soon as the class was over!

Comment

Congrats to you and your wife!! I hope my outcome is the same.
                  '94 Suzuki GSX 600 Katana w/ 12k miles

Comment

Good for you guys

Comment

Would like for my wiffe to ride as well, MSFF courses are awesome, they let you know that you aren't as smart as you think you are

Comment

Working...
                      X