X

A couple of questions and a hello

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of questions and a hello

Good morning, My name is Cooper and I am originally from London but now I live in New Mexico. I am on the verge of purchasing a 750 Kat and had a few questions.
    How easy would it be to install an indicator to display gear selection and would it hurt my warrenty?
    How could i remove some of the kats heft, if it is safe to do so.
    I appreciate all responses.
    Cheers
    Cooper
    ps I have been a "troll" in here for months now and once it was determined the Kat was the bike for me i was equally excited to join this board, it has been a fountain of knowledge keep up the good work.

Hmm , I'm pretty sure I've seen a couple people who have done the indicator thing (I'm thinking Speedee or his twin Beekman ) . As for weith ... I wouldn't bother trying to fo overboard with that , these are just not real light bikes . You COULD try replacing some stuff , but it'll cost ya ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Welcome to Katriders

You could replace the exhaust to a lighter aftermarket one , remove the center stand(then you need to buy race stands). Take off the tie down bars under the tail for a little more.

Your best bet is to just go on a diet .
      Kyle

Comment

Greetings and welcome ,i am from Newcastle,in the north east of England,but now live in Stillwater MN, been here a little over 15 year now,love it.Nice to see more Brits on the site .
        Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

There's aftermarket gear indicators in the back of cycle mags all the time,
          they're probably all over the web too, try dennis kirk or chapparel(sp?) or maybe even ebay or ron ayers.
          Don't worry about the weight as much as getting the suspension set up so your comfortable with your feet down.
          I've personally fallen because of suspension dialed up to high and having to do the tip toe thing.
          The weight will feel right when your letting the bike move you instead of the other way around
          TAKE THE MSF AND WEAR GEAR!!!

derp here's one right here http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4600

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie
            Nice to see more Brits on the site .
            Thats a matter of opinion.

What?????? I was kidding!!!!!!!!! :P
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou

Didn't you read a former post of mine,i plan to get as many Brits on here as i can, maybe oust the Canadians
              Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou

Didn't you read a former post of mine,i plan to get as many Brits on here as i can, maybe oust the Canadians
                Ha ha, good luck with that we're not going anywhere.

Welcome to KR Cooper

As for the gear indicator, I don't knwo how easy they would be to install. I don't think they would be too hard.

Btw, does anybody remember who it was from KP who made the gear indicator that took inputs from the shifter and displayed the gear in the empty space on the dash? I havn't been able to find any info on that. And yes i have searched . I remember he was having problems on the electronic side of things and was in the process of working them out when KP went under.

As far as the heft is concerned, I don't know about everyone else, but it's something that i like about the kats. I don't have any problem with slow speed manouvers, or pushing the bike around (I'm sure i'll eat those words the day i break down or run out of gas and have to push the bike to a service station or something). It also provides a nice stable ride when the winds pick up, and you don't really get blown around as much on the highways by trucks.

Comment

I do beleive that was Mr. Clean, and I thought he was doing a update. I think I still have the old plans though if you want them. I'll have to do some digging, but I am sure I can find them.
                  Kan-O-Gixxer!
                  -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                  -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                  -Ohlins Susupension
                  -Various Other Mods

Comment

Sure lou, shoot me a pm or post-em up here when you get the chance

Comment

There's really only so much you can do lighten up the kat. Its just generally a heavy made bike..so I wouldnt sweat it too much, unless ur into totally revamping the bike completely.

Comment

Working...
                      X