X

Breakin in again.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakin in again.

Hey I have got a 88 gsx600 That I rebuilt the engine on. I honed and put on new rings. I was wondering I know with a new bike you have to break it in for the first 1000k is it the same for a rebuilt one?

my bike has a rebuilt engine..it was ready to go right off the bat ran great.

Comment

Appearantly you want to keep it under 6000 for the first 300 miles. I found this out in the forum yesterday. Man I really like your bike its deadly. Did you paint it?

Comment

ride it like you stole it!

Comment

Old School Run It hard! It will stay fast!

Comment

agreed, run it HARD let the rings seat HARD.

Comment

Hard? soft?

So you guys are serious thats what you are supposed to do? Or is that the cool thing to do? Im confused..

Comment

no, thats what you're SUPPOSED to do.

Originally posted by Jodan View Post
                Appearantly you want to keep it under 6000 for the first 300 miles. I found this out in the forum yesterday. Man I really like your bike its deadly. Did you paint it?
                can I just tell you how wrong that is it's REALLY wrong.
                Last edited by arsenic; 06-06-2008, 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Jodan View Post

thanks, nope not freshly painted..just keep it clean with a wash at least once a week and i think the lightin of the pic helped a little too haha.

Comment

Full power runs, WOT to properly seat the rings.

get the bwaaaa sound for a more than just a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X