No announcement yet.
X

Question about 600 mile service

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG I love Katriders.com!! I am an average "shade tree" mechanic, ya know, oil change, brakes, tune ups and most other things that don't require special (expensive) equipment.

I like doing as much maintenance myself as I can, just for the self satisfaction, as well as the money savings. I began to get worried about having to have a shop do this service. The info here is great. Looking at trinc's site, I am sure I can manage the 600 mile service myself and man does that make me happy! KR rules!!!!

Comment

Corey and I did my 600 mile service. I called a suzuki dealer and got a list of everything they do, then we did it. Figured it would have costed close to a grand for them to do mine though because you have to drop the engine to get the valve cover off.

And Cyber, I haven't forgot about you, we just dropped the engine out in a while, but next valve adjustment, I'll take pics.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

guy that sold me mine said that all that needs done is change the oil/filter, inspect air filter and tighten up the chain and such, didn't say anything else was necessary? Am i gettin ripped?

Comment

Originally posted by redkat06
          guy that sold me mine said that all that needs done is change the oil/filter, inspect air filter and tighten up the chain and such, didn't say anything else was necessary? Am i gettin ripped?
          That all depends...

What year is it, how many miles, stuff like that.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
          X