X

My first real ride today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first real ride today

Went out today for my first good ride. Only other time I got out was for about 15 minutes. Anyway, my father-in-law got out his Shadow 750 and we went out for about an hour and a half. Mostly on main roads but we took the back road home. It was great. He took it easy and I did really well. I killed it a couple of times from stops, but other than that it went great. Was more comfortable and my hands didn't hurt as bad as before (I eased up on the death grip). Can't wait to get back out again. Just hope I don't have to wait that long.

Vince
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

that is ok i have been riding for almost a year now.. (the gap rally will be an official year) and i still stall it at a stop once in a while when i get anxious over something or i forget that i am in 3rd instead of 1st.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

good for you.... i just started too. I am riding with my dad as i only have my temps. I managed to drop mine on Saturday.... I hate myself

Comment

Live and learn, there's no substitute for real riding experience. Sounds like you had a good time! Congrats!

Comment

that was greate you had a ride partner . that always helps .keep both hands on the bars and lets ride

Comment

Practice makes perfect
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Let me know when you're ready to come across the river for the fun stuff ...
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

how's it gone since ur first ride ?

Comment

personally...I would not want to ride ANYWHERE near Floyd's Knob.

Comment

that one flew about 30 yds over my head, but thats ok, im tired anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                      personally...I would not want to ride ANYWHERE near Floyd's Knob.
                      Ha! I seem to always get some comments about the name of our "town". Some people think I made it up, but it really is called "Floyds Knobs". Sounds weird but a lot of good hills and curves.
                      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                      97 Mustang GT
                      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Working...
                      X