X

Hand/finger postion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand/finger postion

Ok im pretty new to riding and after looking through the search engine on this site and couldnt find the answer to my question. So here goes

What is the best/safest way to have your fingers/hand positioned on the grips. For example when im riding i use 1 finger on the clutch and 2 on the break lever. My cosin rides a ninja zx10r he uses 3 fingers on front break. Is there a "right" way? Or is it more of a what best for everyone? Thanks for whatever help i get

well in the MSF class they will tell you to use all 4 fingers when applying the front brake, but i myself when i ride and 'cover' the front brake i 'cover' the brake with 2 fingers....and use 2 applying (depending on how fast i need to slow down) and 4 in emergency situations when i need to stop ASAP! .i don't think there is a right or wrong way....just what suits your riding style.

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by whitecl0ver View Post
      well in the MSF class they will tell you to use all 4 fingers when applying the front brake, but i myself when i ride and 'cover' the front brake i 'cover' the brake with 2 fingers....and use 2 applying (depending on how fast i need to slow down) and 4 in emergency situations when i need to stop ASAP! .i don't think there is a right or wrong way....just what suits your riding style.

'98 Katana 600
      '08 Boulevard C50T

sigpic

Comment

+2
        American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

+3

I wish I could use one on my clutch lever.

(I've lubed it and made sure it wasn't being pinched by the tank but it is still stiffer than I would expect. )
          -2000 "750"

Comment

+4

technically, its whatever works best for you.
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Do whatever feels right.
              What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

i meant 2 fingers on the clutch.... its to stiff to use one well at least mine is. need to do more finger push ups LOL

Comment

Around town / in traffic, I always cover the front brake. I use my thumb and pointer finger to work the throttle and cover the brake lever with the other three fingers.

Comment

I agree with the others, find what feels comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
                      Around town / in traffic, I always cover the front brake. I use my thumb and pointer finger to work the throttle and cover the brake lever with the other three fingers.
                      I do the opposite. I cover the brake with my index and middle finger because it give me better articulation. I work the throttle with my thumb, ring and pinky fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                        (I've lubed it and made sure it wasn't being pinched by the tank but it is still stiffer than I would expect. )
                        Are we still talking about the hand position here?
                        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                          Are we still talking about the hand position here?
                          It is a pleasure to have you back.
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

I use two fingers on the clutch and two over the brake, although I only use one finger to apply the brake. If you use more than that on the new bike, you will become a human missile; the bike has STRONG brakes.
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

I have short fingers and I normally use all four for both clutch and brake

Comment

Working...
                              X