X

What to buy 600 or 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy 600 or 750

I am about to buy a new Katana. I love them for many reasons but probably one of the reasons I like them the most is because I dont have to worry about the front wheel flying up when I get on it. However I have never ridden a 750 Katana, I know it has more power, but compared to the 600, how easy is it to keep the front tire on the ground.

Very, they both weigh more than Z's mama combined!

Comment

The 750 definately has more power, and you'll have alot of fun on it.. u can wheelie it if u really want to.. but all in all, the powerband is very useable so you wont have a problem keeping the front wheel down if u ride sensibly and even when you do get on it, out on the highway, its not a wheelie machine so u'll be ok there as well

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
        Very, they both weigh more than Z's mama combined!
        HOWEVER she is still half the woman Kick's momma is and a third of his woman (if he even has one).
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

how much experience do you have?

I would say go with the 750...its worth the extra $$$$

Comment

I have a fair amount of experience, I have been riding with a licsence for 2 years and a couple years before, I have never owned one. My family goes on rides every weekend. There has always been one family member not going so I ALWAYS had a bike to ride. Have ridden YZF 600, Honda VTX 1300 and 1800, Valkarie, 1500 Intruder, 1200 Bandit, and 600 GSXR 600 which I HATE to ride, and which is the reason I never want a bike that can easily do a wheelie.

So everyone thinks the 750 would be better for me?

Comment

Originally posted by scenic
              So everyone thinks the 750 would be better for me?
              with your history...yes...you will like the little extra omph....not a wheelie machine...but it will hang with the 600 SS's better

Comment

TAKE THE 750, YOULLE GET BORED AFTER3K MILES ON THE 600..
                (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

750's rock !! go for it if ur comfortable w/ the bigger bike, u'll love it.

Comment

What they said... 750 all the way. You'll also apreciate the extra power when you have a passanger with you.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Lou should know, he loves passengers !

Comment

Mine is a 750 and I ride hard. I don't have any trouble keeping the wheel down. You have to try pretty hard to get it to come up. I also put a slightly larger rear sprocket on the rear. This makes it even harder to lift the front tire and makes the speedo read accurate (most read faster than you are actually riding)

Comment

If you want the 750, then get it. if you get the 600 you will be wishing different after a few months.
                          myspace
                          2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by wcrank View Post
                            Mine is a 750 and I ride hard. I don't have any trouble keeping the wheel down. You have to try pretty hard to get it to come up. I also put a slightly larger rear sprocket on the rear. This makes it even harder to lift the front tire and makes the speedo read accurate (most read faster than you are actually riding)

umm someone correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't a larger rear sprocket make it easier to wheelie as well as throw off the speedo?

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                            If you want the 750, then get it. if you get the 600 you will be wishing different after a few months.
                            Not true in all cases. I've had my 600 for over a year and I still love to ride her. And after learning what a PIA a simple oil change is to do on a 7fiddy I am SOOOOO glad I have a 600.
                            Last edited by TheWrightKat; 02-15-2008, 08:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            '06 600 Katana
                            http://www.facebook.com/herb.wright
                            Official Member of the I Own A 98+ But I Think Pre's Look Good Also Club

Originally posted by Kreylyn
                            Okay.... Have you have figured out some way to make the bottom of your bike and the top of the bike closer together... maybe put it under a steam roller or something?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWrightKat View Post
                              Not true in all cases. I've had my 600 for over a year and I still love to ride her. And after learning what a PIA a simple oil change is to do on a 7fiddy I am SOOOOO glad I have a 600.
                              Yes, but if he is looking into a 750, the thats what he will want eventually. How different is it to change the oil in a 600 or 750. Mine seems pretty easy.
                              myspace
                              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X