X

What to buy 600 or 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scenic View Post
    I have a 05 750 Kat, with about 3,000 miles on it. I am just starting to notice that the back tire is starting to develop a flat spot. Not bat just enough to notice. I was just wondering if this is about the mileage that most stock back tires start to flat spot or if I am wearing it out too fast.
    No idea .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Okay Wrightkat...thanks for the news...I always removed the bellypan on my 600. The guys at the dealership told me that with straight faces. I'll try your method. I've barely broken in the 750 and will be changing the oil within a month. Thanks again...I'm glad those guys didn't tell me to remove the fairings to change the oil!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Id say 750.... dont get me wrong i love my 600 but after the first 3 months of riding i wish i had a little bit more power... especially in the low end.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
          Id say 750.... dont get me wrong i love my 600 but after the first 3 months of riding i wish i had a little bit more power... especially in the low end.
          I Agree, I wish I had a 600cc. But I also don't want to pay more for insurance. I already pay $101.47 a month which sux. But thats the price after a wreck and a couple of spending tickets. And plus I would look at are you going to keep the bike stock or not. Cuz me I brought a bike for fun and customize so I plan on a engine swap but I am going to wear out the 600 first.
          sigpic
          Update Jul 11 2014
          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

I have a 600 but wish now I would have got the 750.

Comment

why are we bringing back old threads.

Comment

I guess we wonder if he went with the 750...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                    Man, the Bandit 1200 is WAY more a wheelie machine than the GSXR600. More torque in low and mid range, short wheelbase, higher bars- B12's can do power wheelies without all the histronics sportbikes need (popping the clutch, jerking the bars, power-off to compress the shocks/power-on to loft the wheel...) Just get going, then twist open the throttle and up it floats!

I know you asked about the Kats, but this is ONE time when I would NOT recommend the B12! Having owned a Kat 750 concurrently with the B12, I can tell you it does not have near the propensity to wheelie (even with a +1 front sprocket,) while having excellent performance- it would prob. be a good choice for you.
                    On My 93 750F I Just punched it In second and the front wheel came up and the same for third I wasnt even trying to wheelie. It will only do a wheelie if you want it to.

Comment

Go for the seven fiddy. I've had my 600 since September and am already slightly bored. Had to change the rear sprocket, and am considering other upgrades just to keep things interesting.

Like others have said, given your history, the 750 is probably the way to go...just make sure you wear all your gear.
                      -
                      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPA-FLY-KAT View Post
                        TAKE THE 750, YOULLE GET BORED AFTER3K MILES ON THE 600..

Damn. Mine has 50K on it and I am not bored with it yet...........
                        Ron
                        MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I bought my 06 Black 600 brand new for the looks.

I did not like the 06 750s as much.

It was my first bike so 600 was and still is enough power.

I have no problem keeping up with my buddies.
                          Live To Ride, Ride To Live.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_Katter2006 View Post
                            I bought my 06 Black 600 brand new for the looks.

I did not like the 06 750s as much.

It was my first bike so 600 was and still is enough power.

I didn't realize there was a design change between the 600 and 750 in 06. Thought the only differences (that I was aware of) were the decals, color options and swingarm length. Am I missing something here?
                            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_Katter2006 View Post
                              I have to ask this so don't take it wrong, but what are they riding?

I had a 600 and most of my buddies could leave me with no problem; most wanted to know why I bought the GIRLIE bike?

They are ALL beatches!!!!

Comment

i have a 600 and it does just fine keeping up with my buddies, prolly because they arent racing it off every line lol while i have to to keep up
                                New Ride

Sold Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X