X

Hit the road today...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit the road today...

First time to really get out on the road and in traffic. Everything went really well. The only problem I had was that my throttle hand went basically numb. I've a couple people tell me it will go away with time. Will it? Everything was great except that. Hopefully I will some time tomorrow to get out for a while again.

Vince
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

It will go away, but it will go away faster if you stop gripping the bars so tight

Relax and you will enjoy it even more!
    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

After awhile you will loosen up. Relax but stay focused. Try to get in the habit of covering the brake with a finger or two. It will increase your reaction time if you have to make a sudden stop.

Comment

sweet looking kat !!! and yeah it will go away. The first time I road my kat.. my shoulders and wrists hurt for about the first week or so, but it got better each day, and after that, u wont even notice. Its your body adjusting to the new riding stance and extra weight that is put on your elbows, wrists and hands. once you are used it, u'll be good to go.

Comment

That extra weight shouldn't really be bourne by the wrist and elbows though , it should be supported with the back and stomach muscles .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
            After awhile you will loosen up. Relax but stay focused. Try to get in the habit of covering the brake with a finger or two. It will increase your reaction time if you have to make a sudden stop.
            +1 I always cover the brake with one or two fingers. I will even tap my finger on the lever to a favorite tune, just to stay loose, and I have been riding for 17 years, you just need to relax.

2000 Kat 600
            "Fast Blue"
            Pic in Profile

Comment

Working...
            X