X

Permit question in California

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permit question in California

K...major noob question, and this is directed at anyone who rides in cali. What is the penalty if you are caught riding at night or on the freeway with a permit? Would like to know because i don't really have a choice to ride only during the daytime to get from work, and this is my only mode of transportation.
    You ever take that off any sweet jumps?

hmmm....i dont know, but since i'm here i might as well tell you that i've ridden on freeways/at night with just a permit and i never knew anyone that gets pulled over unless you're acting like a jerk on your bike. sorry cant answer your questions, but u might want to try to look on the CHP website if they have one or just call them.
    Hello World.

Comment

Im not in cali, but I can tell you in PA, if you're caught, depending on nice the cop wants to be towards you.. you can lose your permit, or just get a nice fat fine at the very least. Cant imagine its all that much different in other states, but I couldnt say for sure.

Comment

For some reason...many cops like to tow and impound...actually because everytime they do their city gets a portion of the tow fees...so be careful you could get yourself in a lot of trouble depending on the cop...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

i was caught doing 100 on the freeway with only my permit, but the cop didn't even ask to see my license or anything, just gave me a firm warning and let me go.

Comment

thx for all the info....i guess i just won't be a jackass and i probably won't get caught! BTW...totally off subject...this is for Black Kat. I grew up in Concord! Went to C-High and moved down to SoCal about 8 years ago. Whereabouts are ya? AKKK! I jacked my own thread!
            You ever take that off any sweet jumps?

Comment

lol, im from up north originally...in a small town north of Chico....called Red Bluff.....graduated from Chico State in Construction management. Then I moved down to Concord to work for a grading/paving company as a project engineer. currently i live in an aprartment near the concord/clayton boarder.

btw...that speeding thing was up north with a local city police bike cop....down here my ass would be in jail.

Comment

Working...
              X