No announcement yet.
X

rain-x on visor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regular Rain-X is only intended for glass surfaces and does not work on plastic. I have heard that Rain-X makes something for plastic but have not seen it yet. I use ths stuff called Zooke which is made for plastics like faceshields and it works killer. I use it on my glasses too.

Black IS the fastest color!

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
      I heard one guys visor shattered after something hit his visor. He always used Rain-X on the visor.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

I use plexus, and it does just fine for beading up water on the outside, still doesn't do much for fog. By turning my head one way then the other, all the water gets blown off. If there is more rain than that, I can drop my head down to where the low pressure air meets the high pressure air from the windscreen, and that takes care of everything. Definitely NO RainX, they say not to as do the visor manufacturers.
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by TT120 View Post
          Regular Rain-X is only intended for glass surfaces and does not work on plastic. I have heard that Rain-X makes something for plastic but have not seen it yet. I use ths stuff called Zooke which is made for plastics like faceshields and it works killer. I use it on my glasses too.

http://zooke.com/shop/catalog.php
          I also used Zooke successfully. I also used an anti-fog spray from Scott (the goggle manufacturer) and it worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn View Post
            I also used an anti-fog spray from Scott (the goggle manufacturer) and it worked well.
            I tried the Scott stuff and it did less than nothing for me.
            Pics
            Pics
            No pics yet
            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I know this sounds nasty to say the least, but I read in Motorcyclist that one of the best things to do to prevent fogging is to wipe some good ol' spit on the inside of the visor. As far as for the outside, I wax mine or use Plexus.
              Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
                I tried the Scott stuff and it did less than nothing for me.
                I wonder if there are different types. To bad I threw away the bottle. A racer friend gave it to me so I do not know anything else other than it said Scotts on the bottle.

Comment

Was it green?
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet

Comment

No, it was blue.

Comment

I do use the Pinlock inlayvisors for several years now, imo the best antifog solution around, even if I try deliberately to fog the visor up it won't.
                      (Shoei comes standard with pinlock equipped visors so I hadn't to buy a new one this time.)
                      For the outside? just keep the visor clean, once riding in the rain all you need to do is turning your head a bit, the wind will do the rest.

Comment

The Nolan I have uses the pinlock system , and it DOES work fantastically at keeping the fog away . But they're often not optically correct , which messes with your head after a while . Plus it's a MAJOR pain to get out of there again .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I had one of those photosensitive inserts. I had zero fogging when I used it. It was relatively inexpensive and easy to install and remove.

Comment

WOW! Am I missing something???

I've used both Rain-X and Fog-X (just bought another bottle 'cause the rain finally showed up this weekend) and both work great! Water really beads up and just flings off at speed. No fogging problems with the Fog-X either.

Most likely the reason I haven't had problems is because I only have to use it about 10 times a year. Haven't used it enough to damage the visor yet. Didn't even think about continuous use. I usually go through two visors a year and a new helmet every two.
                            sigpic

Comment

i only use Novus. cleans everything including bugs and scratches. keeping the breath shield in place inside the helmet, the only time i fog is when it's cold and i'm sitting at a stoplight or really slow in town. (20 mph speedlimit in our tiny town of less than 2k population) then i just pop the visor up to the first click, maybe a half inch open, clears the fog right up
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Friends of mine swear by this stuff

Explore the great outdoors with confidence, equipped with gear from Campmor - Your one-stop shop for all things camping and hiking. Find everything you need, from tents to backpacks, at unbeatable prices. Get ready for your next adventure with Campmor!

And yes that's really the name of the product...CAT CRAP. Skiers swear by it, and more than a few rider friends say it works great. I've yet to find it locally, and haven't got around to ordering any yet.

In the meantime, I was at my local dealership picking up some Winter gloves awhile back and saw this

Scott Anti-Fog cloth. READ THE DIRECTIONS.

I use it on my visor and it works fine. While on really cold mornings, you'll still get the visor to fog up a bit when you first start out, when you lift the visor a tad, it clears REALLY fast. After a few miles, I can't even get the visor to fog up if I tried.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                                X