Cold Consequences

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Consequences

Great read. Check out that wind chill!

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Thanks for sharing.... no one likes hypothermia.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

what is wi---win---wind chill?

Comment

hmmthanks for sharing

Comment

You're welcome.

I felt this today when riding! Using the chart, it was 2 degrees with wind chill! The Kat loves the cold but not the snow.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

thats why i hug the tank so hard in the winter.that way my brother chill doesn't effect me as much

Comment

I do not have any exposed skin when riding in the Winter. I have yet to get cold either. It really is all about dressing in layers and dressing for the weather with the proper clothing. I have been out in the elements all day during the Winter on thousands of occasions. I have never had any problems. However, I have always dressed properly for it.

I am the crazy dude out there skiing in Vermont when the temp. is minus 20 F with a windchill of 50 below zero

Yes, I really have done this.
              2007 Honda CBR600rr
              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
              sigpic

Comment

Exposed skin is one thing , but layering up properly is another . Cotton SUCKS , but works well UNDER a wind breaking layer , for instance . Leather is good for breaking the wind , but less than ideal for insulating . Though my leather pants do ok by themselves down to about 50 . But wind breaker OVER that , and it's good for say 4 hours on the highway at 25-28* .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I like this chart as it gives some time approximations to frostbite.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

For cold weather I do layers. When it gets in the mid 30's (where i take the car) here is what I wear.
                    Ninja mask under the helmet and covering the neck.
                    I wear a zip up fleece jacket under my leathers. It has a zipper that you can zip up almost to the chin and over the ninja mask.
                    Leather jacket over the fleece.
                    First Gear insulated overpants over the pants I wear.
                    boots and warm socks.
                    Works good for highway speeds down to mid 30's.
                    I also just picked up some hand covers. I got them at the ATV section of the bike shop. You put them over the bars and slide your hands in them. Looks like it will work, but I have not tried them in cold weather yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Alley_Kat View Post
                      I also just picked up some hand covers. I got them at the ATV section of the bike shop. You put them over the bars and slide your hands in them. Looks like it will work, but I have not tried them in cold weather yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Alley_Kat View Post
                        Please let us know how those work out.

Comment

Working...
                        X