X

Katana 750 handlebar controls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana 750 handlebar controls

hey.......can someone please outline the handlebar controls I would find on a Katana 750......for example choke location, kill switch on/off position etc.......thanks

You could try going to roanayers.com and looking at their fiche . That'll give you an exploded diagram of everything . Basically , choke's on the left , along with the horn , signals , and bright switch . Starter's on the right , along with the kill switch . Pretty much the same on ALL bikes except some European stuff (or so I'm told) .
    Now a question for you . Why do you ask ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It's not hard to figure out! Is it really that difficult to find? Good luck.

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

Originally posted by Accidental
        It's not hard to figure out! Is it really that difficult to find? Good luck.
        It is when you first start out. This became second nature for me when I was 8 years old on my Yamaha 80 Dirt Bike. Controls are pretty universal now. It is the first thing they went over in the Basic MSF class. md86 covered the basics.
        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Yes, the state Motorcycle RiderCourses are excellent. I learned many of my foundational skills there when I took it.

Go Vols! UT '05 Grad

Comment

left side = choke, horn, turn signals
            right side = kill switch, starter
            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

The kat has basic controls, nothing fancy unless you do mods yourself to it. It'll be second nature in no time.

Dont forget the high/low beam switch on the left bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                The kat has basic controls, nothing fancy unless you do mods yourself to it. It'll be second nature in no time.

Dont forget the high/low beam switch on the left bar.
                I just leave mine on high all the time. It pisses drivers off at night but at least I know they can see me when they give me the finger...

Comment

As long as they see you, they can pi$$ and moan all they want!

Comment

when i was taught how to ride, i was taught this way....

all of the primary (more important things) are on the right side: throttle, both brakes, kill switch, starter.

all of the secondary (less important, but still important) are on the left side: clutch, gear shift, brights turn signals, horn.

best of luck, and feel free to ask more questions.
                    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by Accidental
                      It's not hard to figure out! Is it really that difficult to find?
                      Good luck.
                      I'm new here, but not new to bikes, or forums.
                      The guy asked a simple question, and apparently you are above answering him.
                      Why blast the guy?
                      Maybe he is a newbie to bikes, so what?
                      I suppose you were born with the 750 controls on the end of your hands?
                      If you don't have anything constructive to input, why input anything?
                      do you feel better because you know the controls and he doesn't?

The second post I read today, and I am getting a bad vibe from this place. Thanks for nothing.
                      TO ORIGINAL POSTER: PM me I will hepl you with anything I can!

Comment

stealthy1 please don't be to quick to judge "this place" As you can see this is a very helpful group of people. Very nice people I must add. Maybe you took what was said out of context or it was typed in a way not to indicate it's true meaning. Maybe it was a mistake all together none the less. Thanks for offering your help that is what makes us great. I hope you can see past this and stick around a while welcome to Katriders.com

Zachary

Check out www.Atozhometheater.com

Comment

Nah , if he's so quick to judge the entire site from one post ( weather it was misunderstood or not) , then maybe we don't WANT him around . Maybe the guy was joking . Some of us do that sometimes . If you DID have a look around this site though , you'd realize that there are LOTS of smart , friendly , and VERY helpful people here ! So if you stick around , cool , welcome aboard an' all that . If not , good luck out there . Maximum Suzuki is another site you might like ....
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

That and didn't you read the post after that? Then his reply to it? I think I Turned the tone of the thread around with that one. Anyways...................
                            1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                            2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                            Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Wow, nothing too stealthy about that post.

Look around more and go back and read the posts from days gone by. I think you'll find that there is a very knowledgeable and friendly member base here. Some posts may be taken out of context once and a while, but generally once you get to know somebodys sense of humour on here and the way they post you'll get a better understanding about the worldwide (slowly becoming Canadian) community that is katriders.

I hope you don't shy away and let one bad experience ruin what could be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X