The first 1000 miles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first 1000 miles

First off am I still a newb???
    Here are a few things that I have encountered in my travels.
    Close call with a deer, lucky for me it was at slow speed. Attempting to hit the horn I hit the turns then the high beams before finding the horn. At that point he was like this guy is crazy and left. The a hawk, I was between him and a chipmunk. He pulled out of the death dive about 3 feet in front of me. I rode in the rain and snow, both not by choice. DUNLOP's ROCK! I got caught in heavy winds going over a bridge. There I learned faster isn't really better. I've become an expert at dodging road kill, mainly because 4 out of 5 times it's a skunk.
    My best experiance has been reading a Twist of the Wrist. From that I have learned to pick referance points. I spend my $10 very wisely now.

Anyway just wanted to share a few experiances.
    92 Katana 600 Project bike
    Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

TOTW is cool , but Sport Riding Techniques is WAY better . It's getting to be deer and roadkill season again , so maybe now's a good time to remind people to be on the lookout for wildlife , eh ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

guess it's time to visit the bookstore again
      92 Katana 600 Project bike
      Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Not much road kill here, lot's of gravel though .

Deer scare me, that and kids. You never know what they're going to do. Sounds like a very eventful fist 1K, may you have many more , hopefully with out the dead skunks .
        Kyle

Comment

Re: The first 1000 miles

Originally posted by Gear Dog
          First off am I still a newb???
          nope, you're a poser. least that's what it says under your name
          - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

cool, keep us updated on your progress
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Yeah, those animals always seem to have a deathwish at the wrong time.. when we're out riding!

I had a chicken hit me already too, yeah that kinda sucked..besides the fact that it scared me to death, i full of greasy chicken feathers!!!

Comment

Be careful newb.

Comment

Working...
                X