X

Proper way to park uphill?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper way to park uphill?

I've searched the forums but didn't find any good matches.

So I decided to post.

What's the proper way to park the bike when facing uphill? I pointed the front tire to the left and placed the front tire so the backside of it was touching the curb then just put it on the sidestand. Was that "correct"? OR should i have angled the rear tire into the curb?

thanks
    2001 Katana 600

well, according to the Canadian Motorcycle Handbook it goes like this :

Hill Parking:

When parking on a hill, it is best to park facing uphill to avoid having the bike roll forward off the stand. If a curb is present, have the rear wheel make contact with the curb to prevent the bike from rolling back if using a side stand.

pretty straight forward I guess.
    Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
    Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks, I found a California DMV book and while not specific to parking uphill, also said to angle the rear tire into the curb.

Guess, i'll do that from now on. I just hardly park roadside next to a curb!
      2001 Katana 600

Comment

My MSF book does not say anything about parking on a hill, but I would agree with what Jackel posted. I would just add that you should make sure that the bike is in gear to further help prevent it from rolling off the stand.

Comment

Working...
        X