Z's Lesson2:Too much rear brake = tire smoke on dry roads

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z's Lesson2:Too much rear brake = tire smoke on dry roads

LOL

ok folks i was riding home and did something utterly stupid. I was coming to a stop. Applied the front brake, applied the rear brake and hit the throttle Which caused me to do a burnout and lock the rear up... Smoked the tires that is for sure... All i know is I did not have this problem before i started to wear boots. I have got to get control of this brake and the boots.

Doe sanyone else have issue feelign the rear when you are riding boots?
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

what kind of boots are you wearing?

Comment

Ive never had any issues with my boots. As a matter of fact, I hate riding without them.

What kinda boots do you have? Mine are very comfortable and I get a good feel for the brake and shifter
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

geez Z !! you're having all kinds of issues lately..LOL

I find when riding in my dress boots, to ride to work, I dont have any problems..other than they are little more bulky, but dont really seem to have any issues w/ the rear brake.

Although, if you recently starting riding w/ boots, as opposed to sneakers or just plain work boots, it is a difference that takes alittle getting used too.

Comment

tekneks?

It is a sport boot.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

dude, put your foot under the brake pedal!!
            TDA Racing/Motorsports
            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
            Who knows what is next?
            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I've had some issues since I started wearing boots as well, I used to wear steel toed work boots and have started wearing Technic sport boots,shifting is very different since I shift with my toe instead of the steel cap of my old boots. and I've also had a little trouble with the rear brake. The stiffer sole of the riding boot seems to let less feedback through.
              I too have locked up the rear....

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                tekneks?

It is a sport boot.
                is that like redneks

Comment

you have some rear tire issues
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                  X