X

update to: anyone who owns a gixxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update to: anyone who owns a gixxer

FINALLY GOT HER UP!! to be honest, you might call me crazy but i've only been riding for 3 months total ( 1 1/2 months on a katana 600 and now my gixxer for 2 weeks) and i finally learned to wheelie. i can pop it up in 1st gear easily and 2 gear is a lil harder but it still works. i did my first wheelie yesterday and today i can sustain it in second gear. i can't keep it sustained in first cuz the throttle is too sensative.

I won't even try to wheelie my kat or a gixxer, so yeah, you are crazy and somewhat squidly

3 Months and you already have a gixxer.. Hold on tight because if you keep that up you're going to have one hell of a painful motorcycle career.

Just keep your wits about you and don't do that stuff in traffic.. It's bad enough to fall, but falling with cars around is worse.

Don't be insulted but I have a friend that went from a GS 500 to a Gixxer 6 and ended up losing his wheelie on my street and running the bike straight into my neighbors truck.. He landed in my mulch (I made him rake it back I was so mad)..
    The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

flame on:

dude you're moving too fast.... It doesn't matter to me whether you hurt yourself or not on your new Gixxer cause I don't know you yet, but stick around on these boards and if I get to know you better and hear that you hurt yourself, then I'll be bummed... My advice, spend $150 or so to do a track day, ride with the beginners group, and see how impressive being able to pull the front wheel up is. Compared to the skill it takes to lean and corner a motorcycle at high speeds, "gettin' it up on one" is elementary.

flame off:

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

i actually own a 2003 R1 also and i handle that one pretty well so when i jump off my R1 and get on the Gixxer 750, it feels like a toy. not sayin it is but its more fun to ride. im a quick learner. and i'm coached from awesome riders

Comment

but you said you've only been riding 3 1/2 months...
          >_>
          having an r1 doesn't prove anything.
          go to a trackday

Comment

Sounds like you're a good candidate to be running up the insurance rates for the rest of us.
            ~ Lisa
            2005 CBR 600RR (nicely modified)
            2005 CBR 600RR Track Toy "Frank"

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

www.austinsbr.com and www.txsbr.com

Comment

Thread hijack....

Texas Blonde, are you on Austin SBR?

Long Live the D

Comment

i dont think you're getting the reaction from us that you were expecting....you're not getting a congrats from me either...sorry to say. i dont know you, all i can say is take it easy and becareful.

Comment

Ok, ok, I'm not going to say not to wheelie. Done in a safe enviroment they are fun to watch and fun to do. But the truth is, anyone can wheelie an ss bike be it with 3 years, 3 months, or 3 days of experience. Just grab a handfull of throttle on hold on. Like allblackkat said, if you really want to impress do a track day, hone your skills and tear it up on a track.

So it's not a question of "if" you continue to wheelie, cause I'm pretty sure you will, which is fine as long as you're careful. Wear your gear, find an open parking lot, and just be careful. No one here wants to see anyone get hurt.

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxmd
                    Thread hijack....

Texas Blonde, are you on Austin SBR?
                    That's me! Hope to catch up with you for a ride soon.
                    ~ Lisa

My motorcycle, my dogs (Piper & Capone - the Pet Bulls) and a cold beer ... what more could a girl ask for???

Comment

paradox and texas blonde sittin in a tree.............

I'm kidding guys...
                      just jealous since I haven't ridden in over a month...

and to be in the hills of texas like you two are, the rides are way sweeter down there than up here in flat-as-a-pancake North Texas...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat
                        paradox and texas blonde sittin in a tree.............

I'm kidding guys...

and to be in the hills of texas like you two are, the rides are way sweeter down there than up here in flat-as-a-pancake North Texas...

Comment

I just moved here from Dallas 7 weeks ago ... the roads are sooooo much nicer down here!

allblackkat, why haven't you been riding?
                          ~ Lisa

Comment

My K6 GSXR1000 wheelies all the time, name your speed...brutal beast...luv it...
                            "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

This thread went off the map in a hurry.

Originally posted by allblackkat
                              I'm kidding guys...
                              If it makes you feel better I haven't ridden the gixxer in almost three weeks because no one can get me the right freaking countershaft sprocket!
                              And now the rear caliper on the kat is being rebuilt.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                              X