X

dropped my bike :-(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropped my bike :-(

its my first bike (katana 600) and with only 60 miles on it... i dropped it leaving my complex...and the worse thing is that i was at a complete stop waiting for the gates to open...it happened so fast, i dont even know what happened, before i knew it i was leaning towards my right and couldnt hold it up...it sucks!!! it has a couple of scratches and a dent on the tank, going tomorrow monday to get an estimate....any advice??

Re: dropped my bike

Originally posted by katana28
    ....any advice??
    Don't drop it again.

Yes I'm an American, yes I have guns, and yes I won't hesitate to use them to protect my family, my property, and myself

Comment

Was this your first bike?? What exactly happened?
      GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

i was waiting for the gate to open and my shorts were not pulled up all the way and when i tried to put my feet flat on the floor my shorts wouldnt let my legs stretch all the way (does that make sense??) and the bike just tilted a bit to the right and i couldnt hold it up i guess...

Comment

and yes, first bike...

Comment

Wait, you were waiting SHORTS? Dude, you pissed off the Kat Karma Queen, hence your 1st drop.

Comment

Next time don't wear shorts, or anyother clothing that makes to so your leg can't strech all the way.. And NEVER make the same mistake twice.

Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Comment

i'll try not to...it kinda made me look at the bike in a different way, not so much like a toy anymore....

Comment

Lesson 1 grasshopper: Kats are NOT TOYS.

Lesson 2 - only lifelong squids, wear shorts.

Lesson 3 - read lesson 1.

Comment

Originally posted by River
                    Lesson 1 grasshopper: Kats are NOT TOYS.

Lesson 2 - only lifelong squids, wear shorts.

Lesson 3 - read lesson 1.
                    I agree. Also, PM Braunstein for some sliders. They are cheap and can save you lots of money and aggrivation. Check out my gallery for what they look like.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I can't stand wearing shorts on my bike,
                      i did it once and i'll never do it again. ATGATT

Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Comment

1st time I wore shorts on a bike, I got a bad and painful muffler burn. Never did that again. Luckily, I was young and the scar is gone, but I know where it was, and that's all I need as a reminder.

Comment

i was going to the beach thats why i was wearing shorts, next time i'll wear jeans, lol, or i'll just take my truck...

Comment

That's really not an excuse. Not trying to give you a hard time man, just some tough love.

Never assume anything on a motorcycle. Riding a bike is always a risk, whether you drive 1 mile, or 10,000.

Anything that can happen, will happen. It just depends on your gear how much of your flesh remains on the road, and how much of it you get to keep. When I go gas up at my corner station, I put on my gloves, jeans, helmet and my leather jacket. And I don't care if it's 100'F out.

</rant>

It only takes a a split second to eat pavement. What damage to yourself did you do?

Comment

If I have to go to the beach or something, I wear my shorts under my jeans, or take a change of clothes in a backpack and change there.

If this is your first bike, i would certainly recommend frame sliders from Braunstein. Heck, this is isn't my first bike and I still dropped it in the lot once. Lucky I had frame sliders
                              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X