X

Forgetting what gear you are in..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgetting what gear you are in..

Yeah, thats something I've heard many times when out riding. They're riding along, cruising, and go to downshift thinking there's more stopping power in the lower gear they are getting into, until they realize they are 1 gear higher than what they thought. Takes alittle getting used to. Or in the city or town, and they go to get on it, to pass someone, and the putter out to pass thinking they have more power, and realize they're in 3rd gear instead of second or something to that affect.

I've caught myself before in that situation.

yeah, it happens to me too
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I usually find myself looking for 7th gear.

Why can't they make bikes with 7th gear?

Comment

Yeah, it's happened to me as well. I still think all bikes should have a gear indicator. That would be so helpful. I know you can get an aftermarket one but still it would be nice if it came stock like on some bikes already.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior

Heard that, I cant tell you how many times I reach for that 7th gear, and its never there. Sometimes I think if I try it just one more time, it might magically appear

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750

Heard that, I cant tell you how many times I reach for that 7th gear, and its never there. Sometimes I think if I try it just one more time, it might magically appear
            +1 on that

Comment

Originally posted by bonstrosity
              Originally posted by Need4Speed750

+1 on that
              +3

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

if we ever found 7th gear, we'd just be looking for 8th!

Comment

yeah this is true..there's just enough for us to be satisfied huh

Comment

I was always looking for 7th gear until I bought the Gear indicator from:

Bike is sold

Comment

Originally posted by Spedee

http://www.bohnarmor.com/riderstations/datatool.html
                      Spedee,

How easy/hard was this to hook up? Are the instructions clear?

I presume that the 98+ bikes use the electronic one, and not the cable driven one. Let me know if I got it wrong.

BTW- I've never touched any wiring on my bike, so that is why I want to know about the ease of installation. Looks like a nifty toy to have.

EDIT: I just clicked on the buy link and got an error. Browsing around and clicking I found the new correct page on the product -
                      fulcrum (aka David)
                      Blue 2004 GSX750F
                      Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                      If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

I don't so much worry about what gear I'm in , as what RPM I'm at . Though I HAVE gotten lost before and downshifted to first a few times . THAT slows you down pretty quick !
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I definately like that spedee, always have on bikes. Does it come in blue ?

Comment

mine goes to 11

tim

Comment

Originally posted by fulcrum
                              Originally posted by Spedee

http://www.bohnarmor.com/riderstations/datatool.html
                              Spedee,

How easy/hard was this to hook up? Are the instructions clear?

I presume that the 98+ bikes use the electronic one, and not the cable driven one. Let me know if I got it wrong.

BTW- I've never touched any wiring on my bike, so that is why I want to know about the ease of installation. Looks like a nifty toy to have.

EDIT: I just clicked on the buy link and got an error. Browsing around and clicking I found the new correct page on the product -
                              http://riderstation.com/riderstations/DG8.html
                              It was very easy. It taps into the wire from the front sprocket pick-up.
                              Bike is sold

Comment

Working...
                              X