Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chriskat1100
    Originally posted by md86
    Originally posted by mharrison
    come on....I think there is more to a race between a GSX-R 750 and a Katana 600 than slipping the clutch!
    Hey , he asked for help on how to launch better . I'm sure he KNOWS he ain't got a chance .
    He could all ways come up here and brow my kat I think it can take a R 750
    I bet it could too.....

Comment

Originally posted by chriskat1100
      Originally posted by eb770
      what kind of kat you got?
      It is a very fast Kat.
      Big bores...
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by crazyaussie
        Originally posted by reconstyle
        You just need to practice. Your uncle will whoop your @$$ every time though, fuel injection = MUCH quicker throttle response.

If you are lagging a little, try a little more gas and a little slower off the clutch.

Be safe out there and have fun!
        Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think reconstyle has it backwards. I believe fuel injected bikes have more lag than those with carbuerators. The Katana should have quicker throttle response because the engine does not have to wait for the computer chip to tell how much fuel to fire into the cylinders. Thus, the Katana has a more direct drive than something that is fuel injected.

Honestly though, I don't think the difference would be very significant.
        Technically, you may be right, in the real world, I don't think so. If you have a buddy with a FI bike, rev his up and then compare it to yours, you'll see what I mean.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

I think fuel injection lag is a thing of the past. I know it was an issue 20 years ago, but I'd seriously doubt the differencewould be appreciable today. -It certainly wouldn't enough to give you any sort of advantage against a more powerful bike that's designed to be a bat out of hell like that Gixxer...
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Working...
          X