X

why feel the need to keep up newbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GixerKat
    I just mainly try and keep up with BearKat on our rides!!!
    Ditto....

Comment

Char <-------------- This NEWB has NO intention of keeping up with the big dogs.

~* Char *~
      KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Dont worry, I'll wait for ya

Comment

I agree with newbys trying to keep up....thats how i crashed the first two times. I knew my limits but still exceeded em.
          "Shut up and walk it off" -personal quote from personal experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs
            ...I find it a little strange how you find it hard to understand why poeple like to ride in groups. A similar interest always draws people together. Perhaps some people ride in groups for a greater sense of identity - probably the origin of many MC's and patch wearing...
            Here's a delayed response to your post. I forgot to select the "notify me" on this one. I was new to the forum when I posted my comments.

I guess my focus on groups developed from my snowmobiling hobby which I just got into last winter. I am a "local" living in a prime snowmobile area, and most of the snowmobilers that I encounter are in groups, and are usually from outside the area. I grew up here, but haven't lived in my current location for 30 years, so I've lost contact with local people. Believe it or not, it can be harder to establish relationships when a person gets older. And most of the guys I know locally are beyond the physically active age when they enjoy riding.

During my working years in a different city, I never had a bike in the location where I worked, and none of my co-workers or aquaintances rode. So I missed out on a lot, and that's what I am thinking about.

But I am going to take the MSF course this summer, and hope to find people to ride with.

Comment

everyone that i ride with i've met here. i bought my bike 2 years ago, this was my first bike and didn't have any friends that rode. hell, i didn't even know what a twistie was but then i found KP and met some great people that lived close enough to me to ride with. i dont think i would enjoy riding twisties by myself because i am still a newbie. if something happens i want someone else there. also, its just more fun to ride with other people to be able to talk about that ride you just went on and how much fun it was. "wow that corner really scared the $hit outta me" or "holy crap that was fun" and share the experience. not as fun when you go on a twistie and get to the end if you dont have someone there to talk about it with. and i dont care if your 20 or 80, if your out there riding thats good with me.
              -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Working...
              X