X

ear plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ear plugs

you people should put some ear plugs in and ride. i find it to be alot more precise. it's hard do describe. try it out

Do a search for "Silent Killer". It's a long thread about the virtues of ear plugs.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Just recently discovered the pleasure of riding with earplugs in. I won't ride any distance without them in.

You're right - it allows you to focus more on your riding and worry less about the wind...
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

what
        You're Welcome,
        - The Social Invalid

Comment

Yep...I'm a newbie with the earplugs. Even with my relatively short commute to work (8 miles), I still use them.

Comment

Are there ones that are really good or is it like fast food? Sure there are different kinds but they all blow.

Comment

Depends . Different size ears , of course . So there ARE different size plugs . Also , different materials . I prefer the soft foamy ones . I have a set of "professional" rubber ones with a muffler inside , but they hurt after a couple hours . Also , different plugs are rated for different db reductions , so some don't block out as much as others . If you REALLY wanna give it a shot , just hit Home Depot or something and grab a couple different foam ones and give' em a shot . Theyr'e cheap .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pink
                Are there ones that are really good....
                Yup. Noise: An MO Investigation looks at 20-something different ones, and compares silicone, PVC, urethane, etc. The top rated ones can be had for about a nickel a piece. Twelve bucks registration for the site; the cost of a few pair at retail.

Comment

Aerostich / Riders Warehouse sells disposable and reusable ear plug varity packs:

I use EAR Ultra fit earplugs for riding and lawn work.

Comment

I just use the same type that I shoot with. When shooting pistol or sporting clays, I double up with ear plugs and then a set of muffs.

Just remember, disposable means throw the danged things out. Getting maximum use out of something that you're going to jam into your ear canal is a dumb idea - always use once and throw them away.

If you get the re-usable ones, then remember wash them frequently.

No sense saving your hearing from the noise, just to lose it to an infection.

Peace out, katriders.

Comment

Thanks for plugging (no pun intended!) my "Silent Killer" thread, Brooder.

CVS Pharmacy (a former girlfriend says that stands for "Come Visit Satin," 'cause they are everywhere) Eckerds, etc. have them, too.

I reuse my disposables, after running them thru the washing machine. Usless when wet, but work again when dryed out. Only good for a few washings, tho.
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67
                        Just recently discovered the pleasure of riding with earplugs in. I won't ride any distance without them in.
                        I'm glad I'm not the only person to admit coming to the party late. I can't believe I road so long without them.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only person to admit coming to the party late. I can't believe I road so long without them.
                          I knew that I lost some hearing in the military - loud music, guns and bikes will do that to you..... It wasn't until recently that I discovered that I'm just a few steps shy of hearing aids. The Otolaryngologist (Ear, Nose and Throat Doc) said it's not bad enough to get amp'ed yet; just need to minimize the loud noise from here out if I want to slow the hearing loss down.

Comment

I wear a shark rsr2 and if you dont have the plugs in after 1-2hrs your ears are really ringing. Wear em, they save your hearing.

Comment

i have been saying all year that i was going to start, i woudl always forget until i was on the road and getting a headache. i finally used a pair last week on a 190 mile ride. what a difference, they will be standard gear from now on.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

Working...
                              X