X

Battery Charger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Charger

A few days ago, I went outside(storage shed) to start 2004 Kat 750....Battery was dead..What type of charger do i use to charge battery? Trickle? amps?volts? please help

battery tenders work the best...they keep tabs on your battery and if it dips below a full charge, it'll charge it back up, then continue to constantly monitor it. Wont overcharge.

You can keep it on ur battery all winter season too. Keep in mind though, that once a battery gets completely drained, its never fully the same as before, and if you can do it, its better to replace it if u can.

Comment

Get yourself a real nice charger....

Accumate scored much higher than the Battery Tenders from Yuasa (I think that is the maker) - with programming that will actually knock sulfate off the plates and retore batteries other chargers can not.

I have never had a problem with my Accumate - it is my favored charger for all of my battery types, and it is good for long storage too.

Squidbusters.com Admin

Comment

Thanks for the link !!! reading up on it now.

Comment

Whatever charger you get , make sure it charges at 2 amps or less .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I got my battery tender at wallmart. It only cost me about $12, and it works like a charm.

Comment

okay this might be a newb question but how do you get the battery out?

Comment

Originally posted by victor
                It's been a while since I worked on a Kat, but I think it's under the seat. However, most battery tenders come with a harness you attach to the battery. Once it's in place you route the lead to an easily accessable point, then you don't have to take the battery out to charge.
                I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
                  It's been a while since I worked on a Kat, but I think it's under the seat. However, most battery tenders come with a harness you attach to the battery. Once it's in place you route the lead to an easily accessable point, then you don't have to take the battery out to charge.
                  thanks for the quick reply! thanks for the help. just trying to start this thing. i start it once a day but still the battery dies, and its a brand new kat. maybe it doesnt charge unless its actually in gear and running.

Comment

This is the tender I use.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

how long do you let it run?

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan
                        thanks for the quick reply! thanks for the help. just trying to start this thing. i start it once a day but still the battery dies, and its a brand new kat. maybe it doesnt charge unless its actually in gear and running.
                        i thought with any bike the batt doesnt get charged unless you ride it. or keep it at higher rpms to charge. just starting and idle is prolly killing your bat...
                        03 katanika

Comment

How long do you let it run when you start it? I would bet that if it only runs for a couple of minutes you are using more power during the start then you are putting back into the battery. You are better off just pulling the battery out and storing it someplace where it will not freeze. I keep my bike in a shed and the battery in the house during the winter. I just threw on the Battery Tender once a month and it was fine.

Comment

At idle you're charging on a Kat . Should go up to at least 13.5v at idle , I believe . Some bikes are like that , though (won't charge at idle) .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                            X