X

Irridium Visors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irridium Visors

I have heard some good things about Irridium visors. What do yall think of them. I was going to get one, But they don't make one for my lid so I would have to buy a whole new helmet. The one I have is only 4 months old. Is it worth buying a new helmet?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

What size do you wear?

Iridium is cool, but it does scratch easily. I have a gold iridium windscreen. It is harder to get it looking flawless, but it is nice for going in and out of shadows. I wore irridium sunglasses for many years while cycling.
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Iridium is cool, looks sharp, but you do need to take care of them.
      I wouldn't buy a new helmet jsut because of the visor. What kind of lid have you got?
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Nolan Avenua Dimond
        IT came with a clear & smoke Visor. It was a close out spesial, Got it for $70.00

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

i have a silver one on my rossi and i love it ...ill never wear a regular shield again ..either clear or the mirrored for me ..i think it looks bada$$

Comment

they are a pain to keep nice, i like the dark smoke instead.

Comment

they are VERY delicate.
              Start every day with a smile and get it over with - WC Fields

Comment

Originally posted by KatDan2
                they are a pain to keep nice, i like the dark smoke instead.
                Everytime you touch it you have to clean it.
                I like the dark smoke ones too.

Comment

the fact of being delicate keeps me from getting one. I ride alot at nite and on alot of back roads, and usually when i get home, my lid and shield are full of bugs, dirt, etc, so IM constantly cleaning it every day.

Comment

matt dont worry if you get a good one (i got an agv) one so it was quality and it really didnt get that tore up after 7k of riding this year, ill prob get another one if i have them moeny but if not i can always just leave it ...i only have one scratch from a rock that kicked up my helmet .other then htat it its mint

Comment

I ride day and night. My advise is keep you helmet and wear iridium glasses underneath.

Comment

I had a blue iridium and it was hard not to scratch it, I would'nt buy another one . I have a clear and a dark smoke, it works for me.
                        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I just bought a silver irridium two days ago and love it. looking out, its not as dark as my dark smoke, and seems to cut glare alot better. Theres a bonus too... just tilt your head the right direction and the glare can MAKE those cagers see you like the beacon from a lighthouse.

I havent had it long enough to test the durability... only about 200 miles of riding. It does smudge easy, and shows every fingerprint.

Comment

i looked forever for a new visor and could never find one for my helmet. i guess fulmer sucks

Comment

I tried one on in the store. I like them a lot look at them, looking through them was not much different than a tinted visor.

I may get one as an extra on the Suomy that I'm saving for though. Truth be told, my favorite visor thus far, is prolly my photochromic Scorpion shield.
                              This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                              BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Working...
                              X