New Riders...It all starts right here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Riders...It all starts right here

It all starts right here..Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Absolute MUST do for new riders (and once you get some experience, the Advanced Rider Class is excellent too) !! Invaluable information, skills & techniques that will last you a lifetime of riding.

This is great!!

I know so many guys that are looking to get into bikes that will LOVE this forum. A place to feel free to ask any question without fear of being flamed! Wonderful!

How else to insure that we have save, knowledgable and sane riders out there than to pass on a little experienced know-how onto the riders that we will soon share the road with.

There are no dumb questions!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

I completely agree about the MSF course.
      any of my friends who tell me they'd be interested in getting a bike, I tell them to sign up for the class. One of my friends has so far - and it was fun cuz she was on a weekend that I was teaching and she ended up in my group - so I actually got to teach her how to ride a bike :mrgreen:
      - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

I wish you had taught me how to ride Slim... You have smaller , if any chicken strips on that Harley than I do my Kat. :mrgreen:

Comment

Just in case anyone from Queensland in Australia reads this post (yeah, sure they will), the equivalent here to an MSF course and a Q-Ride course. Do it. Don't even think about it. They are awesome.
          fulcrum (aka David)
          Blue 2004 GSX750F
          Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
          If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Msf Course is a Must...period...and try not to get to confident on how you ride...then you will make mistakes...

good luck...

Comment

but they wont teach how to wheelie!

hahaha

MSF is awesome, I would love to be an instructor

Comment

Originally posted by RightonQ
                I wish you had taught me how to ride Slim.. :mrgreen:
                well shugah, I'm sure there's still a few things I can teach ya *wink wink nudge nudge* :P

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
                  MSF is awesome, I would love to be an instructor
                  Just contact whoe'er gives the MSF course in your area and inquire about it.
                  It makes for long weekends when you teach but it's rewarding too - just yesterday I got huge hugs from two of my students! I've gotten kisses too!!

Comment

schweet...

I believe u need a high score to become an instructor when u first took the test too.

Comment

I believe u need a high score to become an instructor when u first took the test too.
                      Here we (instructors) have to take the course at the beginning of e'ery year - test and all. We do it a weekend or two before the first course of the year. and I think I'm more nervous now when I take the test as when I was a student. cuz as a student it would be excusable to make mistakes....but as an instructor there's more pressure on me to not make any! so far so good though :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
                        Here we (instructors) have to take the course at the beginning of e'ery year - test and all. We do it a weekend or two before the first course of the year. and I think I'm more nervous now when I take the test as when I was a student. cuz as a student it would be excusable to make mistakes....but as an instructor there's more pressure on me to not make any! so far so good though :mrgreen:
                        Im sure you will be great, let us know how it goes..how many students do you normally teach in a course. ?

Comment

We have 45 students per weekend I believe (kris, is that right? anyone? bueler? I don't feel like going to check the schedule and counting )
                          it's two instructors per group of 10 students.
                          and so far it's gone great. I'm loving it!

Comment

We get 45 squids a weekend, but not all make it to the end.....Most do but some get cooked early
                            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Haggisman
                              We get 45 squids a weekend, but not all make it to the end.....Most do but some get cooked early
                              damn sunshine, you make it sound like we run some sort of bootcamp or something!

Comment

Working...
                              X