X

Put your money where your....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put your money where your....

This idea came up in another forum, after this weekend I think it's worth repeating. Stash some cash under your seat. Lot's of folks mentioned this in the "whats under your seat" thread I had never thought of it.
    20 miles from home I hit reserve, I went another 10 to my destination and on the way back pulled up to a pump. This bike is new to me so I've no idea how big reserve is. I've been stranded once thinking it would be "enough". So I pull out my wallet, no credit card, it's on my dresser at home, dig around, no bills, thats right with the card. Empty pockets.. Ooops, so just as I'm thinking of who to call I remember! I've got cash under the seat. $2 of gas and I'm home. I'm pretty anal about my ID, credit cards etc.. but we all get caught short..

Other items:
    Insurance Car and bike even though they are both in my wallet (see above)
    Color copy of drivers Lic.
    Registration
    I put them all in a zip lock baggie and found a tiny
    plastic box that fits in the tail just right.

i keep about 1.50 in quarters, my insurance and registration in a zip lock under the seat. So im all set
    Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

All good things to keep , I just forget to put them there ! I always have my card on me , though .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Good post. I need to stash some cash, otherwise I am all set.
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

I stash cash, insurance, registration, Owners manual, tools, Wet naps, Wet paper towels in a baggie (for my shield) , First aid kit, and whatever sle I can think of at the time.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

BP that's a damn good idea! Doin' it today.
            sigpic

Comment

I keep the regist./insurance/manual/maps etc, in a big ziploc baggie to keep it dry and I keep 10.00 stashed in there for emergency gas. but for trips, i usually put atleast 40.00 in there, just in case.

Comment

Wow I really should change my mind about going to the gap now. Now that I know that most of you keep cash under your seat I could pay for the entire trip.
                PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Yes, a must of all listed to keep under the seat. I was stuck once, right after I cleaned my bike. I took the tools out to get the Arizona sand out of there. She is clean so I go for a ride, about 10 miles from home and what happens, a nail. Quick fix with my tools I thought, so I pull the seat off and empty. I have no money and a flat tire but there is only a pay phone nearby. SUX!! I know where you are coming from and I have a bit of a check list I go through before leaving home for a nice long ride.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I usually have a few $$ in a baggie under the seat. You never know when it can come in handy.
                    Kyle

Comment

Great idea. Put your money under the seat. You got a couple of extra $$ so i can have your money under the seat. LOL. Real that is great advice I'm going to do that now. Thanks.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I always keep a five dollar bill with my registration and insurance.
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

***DO NOT STORE YOUR REGISTRATION ON THE BIKE***

This is a huge mistake that alot of people make. Store the registration on your person. If your bike is stolen you have just handed the legal documents for your bike over to the person that just stole it. It dooes not take much for them to forge a signature and have the bike transfered to their name that day if they have the original registration. A couple of dollars that you have stored under the seat is no big loss but the whole bike is a different matter all together.

PLEASE keep it on your person as to prevent you loosing your bike.....
                          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Whew!! not here, the registration in Texas just proves you paid your taxes..
                            Good work of caution to others though..
                            Check your local registration to see if you are at risk

Comment

Cash = Beer Money! :P
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X