X

Shifting into Neutral..Woops!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifting into Neutral..Woops!!!

We've all experienced it at some point, and when your riding along starting out in first gear, you go to get on it when you shift and WOOPS, there go the rpm's and your there drifting along becuase you hit neutral instead of 2nd gear Then you look around to see who saw it, slam it into second with a clunk and away you go.

Just par for the course with new riders, and seasoned ones see it occasionally too!

dont sweat it, just shift and move on..and after your far away from traffic, then look back to see who saw you

i swear that's never happened to me.....more than 3 or 4 times!

Comment

Yeah, it happens to the best of us. Happens to me every once in a while, but not to often. Depends on what boots I am wearing.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I still do it ocasionaly but I blame the bike it has a hard time shifting into 2nd
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

I'm with you Lou, depends on what I am wearing on my feet. I have a pair of Doc Martens that are bad for that
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

So it's not that you might have a lazy shift foot now and then..its ALWAYS the bikes fault! I got it now..thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by cgstrong2002
              I still do it ocasionaly but I blame the bike it has a hard time shifting into 2nd
              I think it is operator error. To much sun and beer getting to that fat bald head of yours!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                I think it is operator error. To much sun and beer getting to that fat bald head of yours!

Lou You crack me up!
                PAUL
                93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

happened to me too...but no biggie..like u said, shift and move on.
                  Hello World.

Comment

i only ever seem to do when theres like a crowd of people around .... .. then u gotta play it off like " o ya i ment to do that .... "

Comment

Ummm...what you talkin' about Willis?
                      AMA member # 224227

Comment

When you do that, just go ahead shift into second, keep the clutch in and blip the throttle, then you can play it off as, "Gee I like my Exhuast note!"
                        2000 Kat 600
                        "Fast Blue"
                        Pic in Profile

Comment

Been there, done that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BlueKat
                            When you do that, just go ahead shift into second, keep the clutch in and blip the throttle, then you can play it off as, "Gee I like my Exhuast note!"
                            and be sure to speed away so you cant see everyone laughing at you!

Comment

Working...
                            X