X

2002 Kat wieght and height

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by byhi
    Thanks to everyone who replied to me!!! For now I am going to get home and try her out, if I feel its a bit too tall/heavy etc... I will drop her a few inches. I keep hearing that I am just a worrier, so I hope I don't have to do anything to it.

i am currently deployed to Kuwait. Sporting the desert camo and everything. I have an MOS of 44C, its finance...I'm an accountant with a gun (watch out!) I hope to be home early Feb. But then again the Army tends to lie to me about that stuff! Oh and Greg, I am ER. What about yourself? I see you served proudly as a DS, now thats scary! I'm just joking my DS's were great!

Thanks again for all the replies!

byhi,

Welcome to the board!

An accountant that's packing??!! I would love to have you with me the next time I get audited. Don't know much about lowering but have seen it done. From what I've been told it does make the Kat more managable. It is a heavy bike but if you're solid on your Ninja everything should be ok.

BTW: Thanks for all you're doing over there and get back here safe. Tell the brass you got a Kat waitin' for 'ya! And cool Dad, too.
    sigpic

Comment

Tom, your such a Wuss
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I am 5'8" and had no problem with my 750. My other half is 5'4" and had a 600. He found that he was tippy toe, but never had a problem handling the bike. I love my bike. Been riding it for two years. I really started to enjoy it this last summer, after having about 15,000 km on it. I know that seems like a lot of km's, but I feel now rather then just riding, I can have some fun wit it. Hence my upgrades. All in time. You can grow with the bike. Have fun. It's a good bike to step up to.
        Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

A kat is only heavy when it is falling.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Welcome Byhi.

The Kat is a heavy bike when at rest. But it is pretty forgiving when in motion. I don't think you should worry to much. Stay safe over there and I hope to see you around KR.
            1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
            2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
            Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Hey
              Byhi

Welcome to KR and have fun with the Kat!!!! Me thinks you will do all right with it partly because you are asking the right questions and are concerned about the right things. Stay safe over there and come back soon. There is a rally planned this year after all!!!!
              sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
              MSF Rider Coach 27028
              MoPowerSports.com
              Torco
              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

im 5 7 but try to justify 5 8..and i can sit comfortably and ride comfortably on my 750 kat. so the 600 should do just fine. my wife is 5 5 and she has some problems keeping it balanced, but I have the suspension set alittle more stiff for me.

welcome to katriders!!!

Comment

Working...
                X