to drink, or not to drink...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to drink, or not to drink...

whatever you choose, do it wisely

i just went out to the bars last night on my bike. didn't drink a drop of alcohol, but the bar keep was nice enough to give me a coke in a tumbler, instead of the big glasses that says "Coca-Cola" on the side, which was also on the house since he knew i was riding that night.

well, a friend of mine i met at the bar was drinking heavily, and he rode in on his bike. he said that he gave the keys to the bar tender, who he knows, since he knew he wasn't driving back home. now he's a big guy, knows when and how to have fun, but also knows control.

on the other side, a friend of mine who won't even go on a bike ever again after he took his friends life, riding two up drunk. and this was years ago.

i'm only 21, its hard to say no to a drink, but its also even harder to ride home intoxicated. i've ridden a couple times drunk on a scooter, and which i am not too proud of. seeing the statistics from the MSF class is enough for me NOT to ride intoxicated.

i hope everyone knows what to do in a situation like this.

riding=no drinking
    driving=no drinking
    staying home=drunk
    i saw how much a DUI cost my older brother way back when, it just ain't worth it!

Comment

i wouldnt drink and drive, lost a cousing to a drunk driver. if i want to go out and drink ill make sure im not driving. if i want to ride ill make sure im not drinking. havent had any reason to ever want to mix the two though.

i never got the whole 'lets go for a ride and hit up the bars along the way!' idea. there is a line though id prolly cross. i mean 1 beer during dinner isnt going to make me drunk as long as i dont ride/drive soon after having it i think id be fine. i havent tested the theory yet, but i know my body well enough to know when i could or couldnt handle it.
      03 katanika

Comment

not just how much a DUI (or OWI in WI), but it doesn't look pretty on your record.

Comment

The problem arises that so many times when you're out riding on a nice night and you stop somewhere for dinner, you wanna enjoy a draft or a bottle of beer with your meal. If you can control yourself to just 1 and eat while you are drinking it, and wait alittle while afterwards, you'll normally be ok.....BUT, there are so many variables when it comes to each individual with tolerance of alcohol, self control, etc..that its just not a good idea to do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
            The problem arises that so many times when you're out riding on a nice night and you stop somewhere for dinner, you wanna enjoy a draft or a bottle of beer with your meal. If you can control yourself to just 1 and eat while you are drinking it, and wait alittle while afterwards, you'll normally be ok.....BUT, there are so many variables when it comes to each individual with tolerance of alcohol, self control, etc..that its just not a good idea to do it at all.
            exactly, in theory its good but still a risk. its up to each person with that one though. id rather just head home and drink anways its cheaper lol id grab a 6pack for the cost of one beer at the resturant.
            03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
              id rather just head home and drink anways its cheaper lol id grab a 6pack for the cost of one beer at the resturant.
              Now you're appealing to my financial side....another good reason to keep the drinking at home.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaKat
                Originally posted by iwannadie
                id rather just head home and drink anways its cheaper lol id grab a 6pack for the cost of one beer at the resturant.
                Now you're appealing to my financial side....another good reason to keep the drinking at home.
                i hate the cost of drinking out lol. yesterday i was out and spent 6.95 for a pint of guinness. for that price i could have a 6pack. once me and the gf ran up like a 60$ bar tab at joes crab shack, food bill was like 25$ ; \ and we only had like 3 drinks each i think.
                03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  If you can control yourself to just 1 and eat while you are drinking it, and wait alittle while afterwards, you'll normally be ok.....
                  Yes. It takes 1 hr for your body to clean out 1 drink, so if you are eating and drinking, that is some time passing, and just hang out afterwards until your body is clean again.
                  Roops Photography|facebook|
                  03 GSXR 1000
                  04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                  Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Car=no drinky
                    Bike=no drinky
                    Boat=much drinky
                    Home=much drinky
                    Bar=much drinky
                    Work=some drinky

Comment

you would just have to be a flat out idiot to drink and ride. If there was ever a task that needed you to be on your toes this would be it....fuck bulldozer....forklifts drunk fun'er then catapulting dogs....sex drunk no regrets....but riding...man no way
                      Please help me on my quest to get this Katana 600 running

Comment

MSF or not, drinking and riding just means shorter lifespan!

Comment

May as well just deflate your tires and ride. Similar control characteristics.

Comment

I wouldn`t even drive my van after a drink. I`ve held to that for nearly 20 years.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

I would never drink and ride, your just not focused enough to do it. I dont know about anybody else, but im not really paying attention to any one thing when im drunk...not good when your riding
                              You shut your mouth when your talking to me!!

Spread the word!! www.bikerfriend.org

Comment

Working...
                              X