X

Posterboy Adds More Bling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posterboy Adds More Bling

Well after 2 months I finally get my forks back from being rebuilt(Racetech Springs, Racetech inner and outter bushings, Fork Seals, and new fork oil) and Chromed. They turned out great. I was able to get them on before Katana Bob came over. He help me do all the finishing work. He helped me put the front fender back on, the wheel, the brakes and my fairings. It was nice to have someone to work with on the bike. I still have to get my pinch bolt back from the guy and find a screw that I lost that holds the line bracket on. Here are the pics of the newly chromed forks.
    Bling Bling

Deep Conversation in this one

See Keith Pit Bull Stands Do Work on Katana's

You can see the rest of them at www.picturetrail.com/highsight2020 click on the album My New Forks.
    www.mopowersports.com

Whoa !! Where's my sunglasses at, Im getting a headache from all the glare

Congrats on finally getting the forks back Jimmy I know you've been chompin at the bit lately for em.

Comment

Looks great!!
      If you keep adding chrome and your going to spend more time cleaning than riding..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
        Looks great!!
        If you keep adding chrome and your going to spend more time cleaning than riding..
        I already do spend more time cleaning than riding. Well at least this year so far. That is all I could do for the past 2 months while I was waiting on my forks to come back.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Hey Jimmy!! Man, that's SWWWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

I love it!!!
          Wanna do mine next?

But seriously, looks awesome!
          Any more chrome, and we may have to call it the "Harley-tana".
          Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

can you give us a ballpark on how much this one cost ya? i love the chrome.
            I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Jimmy...that's dope!

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
                Here is the parts list. Now remeber I got these parts at cost but I will put in what retail is or close to it.
                Race Tech Fork Springs 1.0kg $71 Retail $100
                Race Tech Inner and Outter Bushings $15 a piece Retail $24
                Bikemaster Fork Seals $11 Retail $20
                So just for the inner parts is about $135 cost(this was with shipping cost and TN sales tax)
                Cost of having my forks chromed and rebuilt was $150 and he provided the fork oil. I would have but he already had some good stuff.

Here is a break down of what I have done to my bike over the last 3 years or so.
                Bought the bike for $2200
                Paint $600
                Seat cowl $100 plus $30 to have it painted
                Rims Chromed $550
                Kickstand Chromed $60
                Grab Bar Chromed $65
                Swing Arm Chromed $250
                Another $200 to repaint the front fairings due to a fall over and me dropping it.
                Forks Chromed, rebuilt and parts $285
                New Wind Screen $65
                New exhaust system $425
                98+ rotors off ebay $50
                If that is all of it I have $4880
                in my bike and I have been offered $4000 for it last summer.
                I will not put in the normal stuff tires, brakes, etc...

Telling newer bikes they just got left behind by a Katana PRICELESS
                www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Looks good man. Glad to see ya finally got them back.

They did a good job on them.
                  One project done, now on to the next few!!
                  Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

poster or POSER boy?

Jimmah....your getting bling fever

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                      Originally posted by skasner
                      Here is the parts list. Now remeber I got these parts at cost but I will put in what retail is or close to it.
                      Race Tech Fork Springs 1.0kg $71 Retail $100
                      Race Tech Inner and Outter Bushings $15 a piece Retail $24
                      Bikemaster Fork Seals $11 Retail $20
                      So just for the inner parts is about $135 cost(this was with shipping cost and TN sales tax)
                      Cost of having my forks chromed and rebuilt was $150 and he provided the fork oil. I would have but he already had some good stuff.

Here is a break down of what I have done to my bike over the last 3 years or so.
                      Bought the bike for $2200
                      Paint $600
                      Seat cowl $100 plus $30 to have it painted
                      Rims Chromed $550
                      Kickstand Chromed $60
                      Grab Bar Chromed $65
                      Swing Arm Chromed $250
                      Another $200 to repaint the front fairings due to a fall over and me dropping it.
                      Forks Chromed, rebuilt and parts $285
                      New Wind Screen $65
                      New exhaust system $425
                      98+ rotors off ebay $50
                      If that is all of it I have $4880
                      in my bike and I have been offered $4000 for it last summer.
                      I will not put in the normal stuff tires, brakes, etc...

Telling newer bikes they just got left behind by a Katana PRICELESS
                      better yet.. not being able to ride the cherhola at the rally last year because you might and probably will run out of gas.. priceless.. but you sure could get 1/3 way ther real fast.. hahahahahahaha
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Bite me Z. I could ride that if I was to keep my hand out of the throttle.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                          better yet.. not being able to ride the cherhola at the rally last year because you might and probably will run out of gas.. priceless.. but you sure could get 1/3 way ther real fast.. hahahahahahaha
                          Hmmmm, how far is it???

Comment

nice work, it stands out

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Those forks look great!
                              Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

Working...
                              X