X

Something simple.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something simple.

This is my first test with my Gopro4 Black, just driving around the neighborhood a little. This is unedited and raw from the camera.

Im looking for criticism on both the video and my riding. Im still very much a new rider and would take any pointers I can get.

Thanks guys!
    First test checking the angles and such. This is a raw video from the camera taken at 1080p 30FPS.

Good to see you rolling.

I would see about adjusting the GoPro more skyward, I find that most motovloggers don't try to put the focal point of their recordings in the center of the screen (The road, what's down it/events that are happening the vlogger is looking at, especially when shaky from being on foot.) and it not only makes for awkward viewing but also editing if you are trying to get the viewer's focus to a certain part of the screen.
    - Purplehaze
    All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Thanks for the input.
      Im almost "on the road" and I couldnt be happier.
      For those that dont know, I dont have my license yet. This is why im only driving on my neighborhoods private owned roads. People can ride anything on these streets because we own them, not the county.

Im going for my motorcycle safety course very soon so im getting on more and more practice when I can. Im going to ace this!

Oh sorry for the side track but on the test and all is there any techniques I should focus more on?

Comment

Try a center mount for the GoPro, I see a lot of people doing that and It look pretty clean. Personally I like the side of the helmet view but if it were me I would angle the camera up just a little bit. You can also mess with how far forward or back on the side of the helmet to change field of view.

Everyone has issues with their own thing on the safety course. I know for me it was u-turns, but everyone is different. Just keep practicing and you should nail it.

just as an example this is the angle I found works best for my application. However I think that the center mount is the most popular for GoPro use.
        Messing around and seeing how much throttle gets me where. I wound it up just past half throttle on this pull. I was going to do WOT but the onramp traffic w...

Comment

Well, no stop signs or speed limits, traffic, did you ever even come to a stop?
          MUCH different out in a public road.
          1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
          V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
          Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

Originally posted by ZookRick View Post
            Well, no stop signs or speed limits, traffic, did you ever even come to a stop?
            MUCH different out in a public road.
            Did you not watch the video?
            I had to stop when I turned at the fork in the road at the end of my road. Its not a stop sign but its a stop non the less.
            I can only do so much in my small neighborhood on the bike until I get the tags/license. Im not really into the whole illegal thing...

Comment

I don't know what the test is like I'm Florida but in Michigan its a pretty tight course. Turning and maneuvering faster than 15 mph won't prepare you much other than learning how the bike feels and getting comfortable with the controls. You may want to look at a YouTube video for the course and get your bike in a parking lot and practice low speed maneuvers if you REALLY want to be prepared.

I found a copy of the measurements of the course n mapped it out with a tape measure and sidewalk chalk and me n a couple buddies spent an hour shooting the shit n running the maneuvers. It helped a lot. I just got my motorcycle endorsememt this summer. I've been riding for like 4 years and my first run through my drawn out course was a bit tricky. Just my .02

As for the video, I kind of prefer the verticle mount too, but when editing the raw video its kind of cool to have camera angles change throughout the video by switching between the two mounting systems. On longer videos it can break up the monotony of just the single angle or perspective.
              Last edited by maniac1886; 01-29-2015, 10:35 PM.
              My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

K c c o
                THE DOC
                RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
                Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
                mistake when you make it again.
                sigpic

Comment

^
                  +1.
                  1998 Katana 750
                  1992 Katana 1100
                  2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

what does kcco mean?
                    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

CHIVE ON GUYS!
                      I figured there would be some Chivers on the boards. Me and my wife are Chivers through and through!

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
                        what does kcco mean?
                        Keep
                        Calm
                        Chive
                        On

Funny Pictures, Photos, Memes & Videos – theCHIVE.com
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

For some reason I have a craving for melons........
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
                          X