X

New Old School and HIDEOUS zx6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old School and HIDEOUS zx6

Hey guys I was roaming around craigslist the other day and stumbled upon a guy selling his 2001 zx6e for 500 bucks. The bike is "turn key" with pretty lows miles and was the previous owner's daily. He had documentation of maintenance so I figured I scoop it up! It is currently straight piped (he has the pipes) and I know everyone has there own taste but I think this little guy is gonna get a serious makeover come spring lmao (the pics don;t do it justice...even the seat vinal is green)

93 Katana 600
    98 ZX6

Sounds like a good deal.

I would burn everything green on that bike and ride it without plastics.
    1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Cool find, I would have snatched it up also. Keep us updated.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

And from what I understand the zx6e, known as the zzr600 to non-US markets, is the touring edition of the zx6r. So basicallyyyyyyyyy I just bought Kawasaki's attempt at a Katana
        93 Katana 600
        98 ZX6

Comment

Hmmm. Those are known as ZZR's around here.

Comment

I rode a red and black version of the bike you bought back in 2010, got swiped by a feral hog (750+ lbs) on it at 102 mph, really, and my momentum kept me rolling, and rode 1,450 miles from West Texas to the Dragon two weeks later and then back of course. You have yourself a bitchin' bike there.

ZZR? Well Jim, ZZR is used for the ZZR1200, and I rode one of those to the rally the next year. It's a whole different bike. Mine was dark blue and the Canadian lady Josie (ZZRFreely) had a silver one at the 2011 rally. Groovy days there in spite of my, and you can relate, broken left thumb from a gravel spill a mile or so after a midnight ride on the Dragon.

Far out circumstances here indeed.---BTW, Tim Kreylin really digs the type bike you bought...thought mine was the berries.

Originally posted by Flippacase View Post
            And from what I understand the zx6e, known as the zzr600 to non-US markets, is the touring edition of the zx6r. So basicallyyyyyyyyy I just bought Kawasaki's attempt at a Katana

That is the way I understood it also. I found mine to be lighter, more powerful, and quicker than the 600 post Kat I had bought brand new, but not as comfortable, but still a heck of a good bike. I liked the dualie pipes, on on either side. I'd call it a winner for sure. I look forward to seeing what you do with it!
            Last edited by zuma; 01-23-2015, 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I'm glad everyone likes it! (okay okay...minus the self described "head turning" paintjob)

The bike only has 7000 miles and runs like a top. I have read A LOT about these bikes having an issue with second gear but luckily this bike seems to have avoided the problem so far. I forgot to mention before but the bike being straight piped currently, with 4-into-2 headers sounds GLORIOUS. The seller decided to include the "silencers" that he chopped off the bike which after further inspection are actually completely hollow 5" diesel truck muffler tips... The only problem I discovered so far mechanically is that when the bike revs up the throttle tends to stick for a second or two before the rpms drop back down. I'm assuming its just a sticky cable or something but I'll check it out eventually. Currently snowing here in Mass and unless I want to trek through 35" of fresh snow I'll probably leave the bike alone in the garage for the next few days lol
              93 Katana 600
              98 ZX6

Comment

You have some good riding ahead of you, bro.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                X