X

Rise of the Phoenix- 88 GSX600F restoration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rise of the Phoenix- 88 GSX600F restoration

I had this in another thread. Moved it here for proper listing.
    I have a new project, GSXjim's poor neglected 88'. It's in really rough shape and has been slowly parted out. Here it is, Here is what the final project will look like.
    Attached Files
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

The frame has been derusted, sealed, primed and painted.
    Attached Files
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran

Comment

LED tail light done. Engine work started. have to replace the cylinder and pistons. The head was cleaned of rust and dirt.
      Attached Files
      spammer police
      USAF veteran

Comment

Frame assembly has started, restored fender and plate light. Started reinstalling the fender components. Awaiting parts. Mean while, started fork tube rebuild.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-17-2014, 09:52 PM.
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

Cool, looks like a fun project.

what a POS lol, at least it was already stripped down a lot for you!

edit: I was also planning on doing a similar design as you, but the red version. They were pretty sweet!
          Last edited by Lykkan; 05-11-2014, 10:39 PM.

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

I went with the white because that is what this thing used to look like. Stripped down didn't help, lol, there is a lot of parts that now have to be replaced, alot. lol
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Make sure you note somewhere any non 88 parts you go with. I've found out multiple times that just when you think they should be the same...

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

A parts list with full description has been started. So far the only non 88' parts will be the carbs, boots and wiring loom. I'm having a rough time finding 88-89 parts, only major parts left to source are body parts.
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

frame-done, rear fender-done, triples-done, head light-installed, swing arm-done and wiring loom laid out and tested. working on the wheels and forks.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-21-2016, 09:41 PM.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

you painting swingarm black?

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Damn you move fast
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                        Damn you move fast
                        Haha, I'm single, beer, radio and leave me be and I can get it done. It helps to order a shit load of parts and suppies before you start

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
                        you painting swingarm black?
                        nope, stock is silver.
                        Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-18-2014, 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

so are you trying to restore it exactly the way it was originally?

Comment

Trying? No. Doing a full restoration, yes, just like the pic. Not going to use US badging ( no katana badge ). I have a 32 gallon trash can full of trashed components from this mess. I kept the frame, triples, wheels and half of the motor. Not much left to source as parts go.
                            Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-18-2014, 05:18 PM.
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                              2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
                              X