X

New Rear Brake and Newer Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rear Brake and Newer Pics

Well this is what I started with, from what I saw it wasn't to bad just need some major cosmetic work, but as any Craigslist buyer will tell you, I was wrong. Granted it ran, not well, but the more I got into it, the more work it needed. Nevertheless I wanted a project and some reason this bike felt right. I have to look at this pic, to remind myself how far it's come.

A couple of weeks ago, new front tire, painted calipers, recovered seat.

Got the carbs synchronized best I could, I think cylinder 1 has a bad spark plug, at least I hope that's all. Removed rear wheel. Applied reflective wheel striping, painted rear caliper, new rear pads, new rear rotor. Went for a ride to the gas station, yes even knowing cylinder 1 has a problem, but it ran really well.

Here's where it got scary, I checked out the rear brake the other day (had not ridden it more than down the street and back at this point) and noticed the pads looked really close together. I knew the rotor was in bad shape just by looking at it, when I pulled out the pads, or lack there of, I was shocked. "How can people be so stupid?"

Side view of pad, they not only wore away the pad they were burning through the metal backing. Both pads looked this way.

Groovy

Shiny new rotor, thick new pads, painted caliper. Stops just fine now.

Nice, I really like the red calipers. Where did you get the rear rotor? I need to find a nice cheap one.

Comment

Thanks, I got it from Motorcycle Superstore. EBC rear rotor, I don't remember the specifics sorry haha.

Comment

Nice work and nice find on that rear brake !!!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X