My close call

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My close call

Allow me to explain.

following my friend this fall i had my bike break loose on some sand the crest of a hill in a turn ...
    It was a combination of sand and the suspension unloaded. The problem was my friend on the VFR1200 in front as I creseted the hill apeared to be a little hot and running wide so I slammed the throttle shut and tapped the front brake ... my mistake... with the unloaded suspension and sand on the hifloat surface it was enough to break both wheels loose. it gave a heck of a twitch and by the time i was back under full control the bike was heading for the ditch. I kept the throttle steady stayed off the brakes and finished the turn with a foot or so to spare all while traveling aprox 90kph.

The video does not depict very well the sharpness or steep ness of the hills or turns but u can see the sand and dust coming off the bike out front. This road is called the Rollercoaster and is 15 minutes of wheelie poppin over the crests and smooth fast twisties...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzl54H_bor4&list=UUPKl6Toa2DBSb5HtNm3pFrw& index=1&feature=plcp"]Rollercoaster Aug sept 2012 001 - YouTube[/ame]
    98 GSX750F
    95 Honda VT600 vlx
    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Crap quality road with driveways on blind corners?

Fuck that.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Yeah welcome to Muskoka Ontario. 10 years ago these were all gravel roads. Today they are playgrounds for sportbikes
      98 GSX750F
      95 Honda VT600 vlx
      08 Tsu SX200

Comment

Nice recovery.
        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Good recovery. What road is that?
          2002 750 Kat
          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

nice save...where's your camera mounted? I like the angle..

Comment

the camera is mounted just above the petcock valve..

Kushog lake rd in Dorset Ontario.

DANO68 . pm me with contact info/cell number and ill let u know next year when im up. Thier are several of us that ride, couple VFR's, 3-4 Kats, my cousin on his zx6,couple CBR's and gixxers. Some vets some new riders.

Great group of riders and a ton of laughs. I grew up in the Huntsville Parry sound area and between buddy on the VFR1200 and I know every little wicked twisty backroad.
              We ride in a split group... couple advanced riders out front, the rest of the group rides at a easy pace. We never leave anyone behind. a nice days ride for us is 300-500km with plenty of stops.
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

Comment

Very cool video man...... I just subbed to your youtube channel.

I will have to get in contact w/ you next season and try out some of those roads.

Comment

Wow... Did your heart skip a beat on that one??

Very nicely kept Like the vid, that road looks like tons of fun
                  92' 600- Bought 4th of July 2012

"Out for my own, Out to be free... One with my mind, they just can't see... No need to hear things that they say... Life's for my own to live my own way!!" Metallica- Escape

Comment

Cool PM on the way. That would be cool to ride with a group. Around here all the "bikers" have little clicks and I guess I am too new to fit in.
                    2002 750 Kat
                    2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                    2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                    1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                    2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Bit of a pucker moment....to be sure! Great save HD!
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

If you're ever in the Kingston area check out Burnt Hills Rd. The turn off is along Hwy 15 appx 30 km from Kingston heading north. The road is 8km of nothing but hard blind curves. Nice recovery BTW. I did something similar a few days ago...but due to cold tires and road.
                        sigpic"Ya hafta stop to get a drink once in a while" - WalkRunRide.

Comment

Originally posted by The Labradoria View Post
                          Very cool video man...... I just subbed to your youtube channel.

I will have to get in contact w/ you next season and try out some of those roads.
                          Hey Borden is not far at all... send me your contact info as well and ill email/text next time im heading up...
                          we have some crazy azz roads we ride up there.

most of my videos I cant post online

yes it was unsettling but not scary, on these back roads u always have to expect the unexpected... Its nearly as bad as some of my PUCKER moments. I just happened to have the camera rolling for this one. Ill tell u what come ride with us and u will hear the stories and see the videos
                          Last edited by hardlydangerous; 12-01-2012, 09:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                          98 GSX750F
                          95 Honda VT600 vlx
                          08 Tsu SX200

Comment

good save

Originally posted by WalkRunRide View Post
                            If you're ever in the Kingston area check out Burnt Hills Rd. The turn off is along Hwy 15 appx 30 km from Kingston heading north. The road is 8km of nothing but hard blind curves. Nice recovery BTW. I did something similar a few days ago...but due to cold tires and road.
                            i think that's the road i almost crashed on this summer. did a long ride from peterborough to Perth and down to k town. was VERY tired and went hot into a sharp, blind, right hand-er and went WAY wide into the other side gravel shoulder. managed to save it tho it didnt help that the guy i was following took it to sharp and hit the inside shoulder and made a dust cloud
                            Last edited by boomer_95; 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM.
                            if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

nice counter and nice roads , keep it up
                              2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X