X

Project fender eliminator / exhaust upgrade Complete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project fender eliminator / exhaust upgrade Complete

Few weeks with my 2002 Katana 600 .. I started these2 Mods and they came out nice,

And here is the story of my Kat,

Here is my Kat before ..

Here is work in progress and the little toys that did thejob..

Here is the fender cut-off and the new LED turn signals ($20/ amazon.com )

Here is the Kat looking fresh completed on right side

Closing in ..

And here is the left side ..

Any ideas are welcome

Also as you all can see I put the plates on the left side,any legal advice? So far been few days on the road and spot 3 cops, and didn’tget pulled over so far Jlol .. so am I lucky? Or am I legally lucky? ( knock on woods )
    !!Never Doubt an Engineer!!
    BMW 335 XI S.O.- Suzuki Katana 600
    ! life is good !

no specific law on license placement in GA. probably different in jersey
    im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

I like the fender eliminated but I'm not a fan of the signal mounts. I couldn't come up with anything better myself either, which is why, sadly, my fender is still in tact.

Comment

Unfortunatelly here isn't allowed fender eliminator

In my oppnion its very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
          I like the fender eliminated but I'm not a fan of the signal mounts. I couldn't come up with anything better myself either, which is why, sadly, my fender is still in tact.
          i agree with you on that, as u can see, this is a simple U bracket to have turn signals on to get going. I thought about it for few hours after i got it all done, it looks like it wasnt part of the design, but these are temps, im working on a better bracket to blind in with the design of the bike.. but its a go for the mean time

Originally posted by KATANA-BRASIL View Post
          Unfortunatelly here isn't allowed fender eliminator

In my oppnion its very nice
          thx, like i said, simple to get it going

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
          no specific law on license placement in GA. probably different in jersey
          i was told from bikers at a stop i made this week that its a ticket in NJ :/
          Last edited by MOtana; 07-11-2012, 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          ! life is good !

Comment

I can't remember who sold them but there was a cheap $15ish bracket that held the plate and signals very cleanly and "legal".

Personally that plate screams heat magnet, but that will depend on the PoPo's in your area.

This is pretty much what I'm talking about, just a few $$ more than I remember.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/LICENSE-PLATE-RELOCATION-BRACKET-SIGNAL/dp/B002ERFB6U"]Amazon.com: LICENSE PLATE RELOCATION BRACKET WITH TURN SIGNAL MOUNT: Automotive[/ame]

Add these and then you have the plate light too
            Last edited by woobie; 07-11-2012, 02:11 PM.
            Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
              I can't remember who sold them but there was a cheap $15ish bracket that held the plate and signals very cleanly and "legal".

Personally that plate screams heat magnet, but that will depend on the PoPo's in your area.

This is pretty much what I'm talking about, just a few $$ more than I remember.

Amazon.com: LICENSE PLATE RELOCATION BRACKET WITH TURN SIGNAL MOUNT: Automotive

Add these and then you have the plate light too
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Motorcycle...9eb786&vxp=mtr
              yeah, u r right, its asking for trouble in a way lol, but so far been going smooth, will see the first hit. and i did come accross that bracket, but since i'll be making a nother one, so i just made this on the go.
              ! life is good !

Comment

I like the eliminator. Id prefer integrated turn signals or custom button type leds. Congrats! Looks good though

After my issue with the law i did a lot of research and in NJ your plate requires to be lit and visible upto a certain number of feet. They also require you to have a red reflector in the rear as well. You should be fine not having a lit plate except at night. But the plate visibility is an issue.

Stay off the read during the last week of the month.

Like these: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t14UqPOYXHk&feature=player_embedded"]DIY Amber Super Bright LED Turn Signals - YouTube[/ame]
                Last edited by brickcitysaint; 07-11-2012, 04:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by brickcitysaint View Post
                  I like the eliminator. Id prefer integrated turn signals or custom button type leds. Congrats! Looks good though

After my issue with the law i did a lot of research and in NJ your plate requires to be lit and visible upto a certain number of feet. They also require you to have a red reflector in the rear as well. You should be fine not having a lit plate except at night. But the plate visibility is an issue.

Stay off the read during the last week of the month.

Like these: DIY Amber Super Bright LED Turn Signals - YouTube
                  thanks for sharing, and i love that LED u posted, u got me thinking about it .. and as for the license i guess u r right, thats what everyone told me in NJ so far i guess i gota work on that :/
                  ! life is good !

Comment

Working...
                  X