X

Some pics of my bike :D

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of my bike :D

Hey guys just thought id share some pics of my bike with yall its a 2002 katana 750 picked it up about 5 days ago
    the first pic is of the bike the first day i got it, and sadly is the only "before" picture it got of it the rest show some of the stages of painting it, it took about 2 days with many many many breaks and interuptions lol about $100 bucks overall worth of material included tape paint sand paper broken light bulbs -_- we didnt throw a coat of clear over it because i personally liked the semi gloss white so for now it will stay like that, lemme know what yall think

I think you did an excellent job! It's beautiful: I really dig white Kats. Way to go,

I'm sure you'll take care of the left side mirror, right?
    Last edited by zuma; 01-08-2012, 01:05 PM.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
      I think you did an excellent job! It's beautiful: I really dig white Kats. Way to go,

I'm sure you'll take care of the left side mirror, right?

thanks really appreciate the compliment

And as far as the mirror yes sir i have it and were still trying to figure out how to mount it properly since the previous owner stripped out the threads on the bike for it

Comment

congrats and nice pics... great paint job as well..

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaKat956 View Post
          thanks really appreciate the compliment

And as far as the mirror yes sir i have it and were still trying to figure out how to mount it properly since the previous owner stripped out the threads on the bike for it
          You could try to repair the thread wit a helicoil set (or another brand). I've seen it work it's magic on a crankcase with a broken bolt. It's pretty straight forward to use so it shouldn't be an issue. Oh and it's a pretty cheap solution too.

Here's some info on that : http://www.emhart.com/brands/heli-coil

Love the paint job btw. I'm looking forward on painting mine somewhere in the near future.
          Last edited by ErrEs; 01-08-2012, 05:35 PM.
          Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

VERY awesome lookin bike! Well done
            2001 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
            sigpic

Comment

I'm a sucker for a white bike. Looks good

Comment

Very nicely done!
                sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Yep, white Gixxers are sweet. Can you reverse mount the bolts and nuts on the mirror, cant remember id have to go look at mine.

Comment

Originally posted by scoturn View Post
                    Yep, white Gixxers are sweet. Can you reverse mount the bolts and nuts on the mirror, cant remember id have to go look at mine.
                    That's not a gixxer
                    1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

Needs a coat of semi gloss clear unless you want to repaint it next year.

Needs a new exhaust.

Needs a lot of fairing mount work.

Love the white though.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scoturn View Post
                        we considered that the only problem would be getting to the other side to hold it while tightening it since the mirrors have to be removed to take of the main fairings.

i managed to figure it out, since the threads were brass we just used a steel bolt and forced it to make new threads worked like a charm

thanks for the compliments guys down here where i live its rare to see white bikes

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                        Needs a coat of semi gloss clear unless you want to repaint it next year.

Needs a new exhaust.

Needs a lot of fairing mount work.

Love the white though.

gonna wait a week havent decided on whether i want it to be glossy or flat but will be clear coated,

i know

i know

and thanks
                        Last edited by NinjaKat956; 01-08-2012, 11:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

sweet ride.. get some wet sanding and gloss on there.. nicely done

Comment

love it except for the mirrors and the windscreen , I would have kept mirrors stock and windshield tinted black
                            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

What all went into painting the wheels? Prep work, type of paint.. I'm pretty curious about that..

Comment

Working...
                              X