Lil' Buster: Pre 600 Rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lil' Buster: Pre 600 Rebuild

OK, so here it is: Lil' Buster!

I'm finally done with this bike and I'm sharing it all with you!

These pictures start from when I first got the bike to how it is as of this evening. I didn't take a whole lot of pics during the work (I was too caught in the moment) but I took a few along the way.

This bike sat for 8 years before I bought it and before that it was dropped( a few times)

Before:

After which doing was need to get it running/legal:

And working order and legal:

That was all good and dandy just to get by and to gain some experience on riding, but I wanted it to handle better and look better and get new tires, which I don't think we ever changed.

THE BUILD

(The grips turned out to be a little more neon then I was hoping but they're comfy)

Other than just painting the bike I also did some service and some slight mods.

I changed the fork seals and while I was at it I did the ".99 cent mod" by lengthening the tubes by 1/2".

I also swapped the rear shock for an 08+ R6 shock which is great btw.

Oh and removed the crappy CA emissions BS.

So that's that for now. I'm looking forward to some great rides this year problem free.
    Last edited by broel; 01-07-2012, 04:49 PM.

Nice work

Comment

Looks great!
      sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
      1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
      2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
      First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
      Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

looks great, love the flat black

Comment

Looks like you've put the time into it and from your list it looks like you've put your time where it counts. Hope it rides as well as it looks like it will.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I have definitely put a lot of time (and money) into this bike, but it's been well worth it and a lot of fun. I've been riding this bike just about every day when it's NOT raining. I commute to work about 45 miles a day, 5 days a week, and it runs great and hasn't given me any grief! I couldn't be happier!

Comment

Working...
              X