X

My First Winter Project

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Winter Project

So over the winter i decided to paint my bike. We have a basement with a sliding glass door to the back yard so I built a booth out of pvc pipe venting out to the back yard. I though i had pics of it but i can't find them. Used rattle can and it definitely doesn't look professional but it's my first paint job and i'm proud of it. so here it is

also i installed a new neutral safety switch and that fixed my neutral problem in case anyone saw one of my previous threads...

also put new pilot road 2 tires on and replaced the head gaskets.

the bike when i first got it

all naked

my brother holding the side fairings with my first finished test pieces

couple of primed pieces...missed a spot on that and had to add another coat...

my Kat with my Cat

first piece finished and buffed....was like an excited little kid at this point

and the finished product

i'm really happy with how it came out. learned a lot from searching this site and of course trial and error and i know my next one will be even better. Also made sure to use a 2 stage clear coat on the gas tank, even accidentally spilled gas on it earlier and is held up so that is definitely good.

Tell me what you think!! And thank you Katriders community for all the help and advice I've received!! I absolutely love this site!

Looks really good. Isn't sanding those little nooks and crannies fun. just did mine.

Comment

Yeah the sanding took forever.i have a whole new respect for the guys who do it professionally

Comment

Nice work dude

Ya i work for a paint shop as the sander, just did an 80s z71 that had to be sanded straight to the metal, took about 70 hours
        Find a bike with a stock motor that has miles than mine and ill personally send you a certificate declaring your awesomness

Comment

Working...
        X