No announcement yet.
X

Turbo Katana build (The rebirth)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking about doing this to my kat 750. I own a turbo rebuilding and upgrading shop and I am a Garrett Distributor so I really have no excuse in terms of getting the right turbo or fabricating the parts haha. Just dont have time really. I'm currently twin turbo charging my 1970 Plymouth Cuda with a 383 .

Comment

Originally posted by 91GSX750 View Post
      I've been thinking about doing this to my kat 750. I own a turbo rebuilding and upgrading shop and I am a Garrett Distributor so I really have no excuse in terms of getting the right turbo or fabricating the parts haha. Just dont have time really. I'm currently twin turbo charging my 1970 Plymouth Cuda with a 383 .
      Hate you.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Hate you.
        +1

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

nyomygod
          If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got.

Comment

update!!!!

ok as you might of noticed im running a totally different setup since it started, and im on my 4th turbo that im now 110% happy with, i waited 6 months to get my hands on this turbo and i just got it tonight. Turbonetics 60-1 ball bearing t3/t4.....(oh yeah dual BALL BEARING) You can whisper in it and the wheel moves.

ive also went and made another intake plenum, and added an intercooler that was sourced from a second gen eclipse, obviously i only used the core and made my own end tanks and welded the BOV right to it to save on space.

I have all the parts now just waiting on my aluminum pipes to get here (tuesday) and the scavenger pump. i should have this bad b!tch running next weekend. I know this started as a budget build but i figure why not spend the extra coin and build it right the first time around, the only thing i skimped on was the scavenger pump. Im also gonna upgrade the oil cooler to a 15 row 1.5" thick jegs oil cooler and -8an lines. Wish there was a way to run a top feed oiling kit on the kat. Will also be running a fan on the intercooler
            Last edited by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE; 09-12-2011, 05:02 AM.

Comment

If things pan out like they should, i might put a 100% bolt on kit together to sell, if not at least the fab parts

Comment

nice work man, interested on how it turns out for ya!

Comment

Fair play, hats off to you guys that do the home made turbos from a collection of bits

I paid quite alot for my basic install some years ago now........running a GT30 with a 71mm compressor on the Busa

Keep the photos coming
                  Toys.........
                  1985 LT250 - modified
                  1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
                  2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
                  2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

Comment

ive been at her every night so far this week after i get home at 130am from work, i need to say thanks to Matt for keeping me motivated and being in the driveway when i ride in. its more fun doing this with someone else, even if there nights of just staring at the bike and kickin a beer back. I should say Matt made my pitot tonight and did a good quality job at it (HAPPY MATT...lol)

so monday wasnt much to do waiting on parts but we found a clever way to connect the crank case breather to the oil catch can...drill and tapped an 1/8npt to -4an fitting to it, then i polished it for the F*ck of it

When i got up this afternoon, there was a package waiting at the door like a lost puppy anxious to get in, so i i did what any package lover did, checked it for anthrax...lol....it was my intercooler piping, i was so tempted to call into work but deceided to wait, so as you can guess we did the charge pipes, im holding off on the intercooler for a bit, after mocking up a few pipes, things would be a little cramped, but thank god i have another turboXS RFL bov coming this week cause i welded the last one to the intercooler

More to come tomorrow, im sure ill have parts coming everyday this week

Comment

your very welcome! hopefully the other stuff comes in tomorrow so we can finish that stuff up!
                      "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
                      2004 marauder 800

Comment

so when are we putting a turbo on bob..

Comment

Originally posted by nitros222 View Post
                          please please tell me bob is a bike !!!

if not .. I'll take 2 please
                          Guylaine
                          Try and keep up now

Comment

hahahah this thing is ridiculus I like it. just wondering what is the use of the intercooler if you place it somewhere its not getting any air ?
                            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

That's where the air comes in for the stock intake, so I would assume there's some air flow there.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

i was gonna run a fan on it, but doesnt matter right now cause im not running it as of last night

Originally posted by nitros222 View Post
                                when you call trask and order one....lol
                                Last edited by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE; 09-14-2011, 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X